Simon Cowell 'wants tension on X Factor USA'

Simon Cowell 'wants tension on X Factor USA'

Postby ntscuser » Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:30 pm

Simon Cowell has revealed that he wants "tension" between the X Factor USA judging panel.

The music mogul confessed that he hopes to replicate the passion visible in former American Idol colleagues Paula Abdul and Randy Jackson when auditions for his long-awaited show kick off next week.

He explained to People: "There should be tension to a point. I liked the Idol panel when we first started. We had different opinions, and I think it's important you have different opinions.

"In life and in music, we all disagree on a lot of different things. The important thing is you've got to feel comfortable about disagreeing with each other."

Cowell also began speculating about the judging style of the show's only confirmed star L.A. Reid, whom he described as having a "not-so-nice side".

"I've seen the nice side of him and the not-so-nice side," Cowell said. "He's not someone you want to get on the wrong side of... [but] in life and in music, we all disagree on a lot of different things. I'm not sure that L.A. and me agree on everything, but we're comfortable about that.

"I like him, I have a lot of respect for him, and he's great fun. He's really got a great sense of humour. He's going in to do what he does for a living. He makes people stars."

Cowell has also called L.A. Reid an "obvious choice" for the X Factor judging panel, which is expected to be completed this week.

Cowell recently branded The X Factor as a less restrictive version of American Idol, despite previously promising not to compare the two formats.
ntscuser
Site Admin

Return to Reality/Talent Shows