‘World of Dance’ steps into a second season on NBC

‘World of Dance’ steps into a second season on NBC

Postby ntscuser » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:44 am

NBC has picked up a second season of “World of Dance,” which has put up strong ratings so far this summer

The show, which counts Jennifer Lopez among its executive producers — she’s also an on-screen judge — is the No. 2 series of the summer thus far, behind only its lead-in “America’s Got Talent.”

Through five episodes, “World of Dance” is averaging a 2.0 rating among adults 18-49 and 8.26 million viewers the night it airs. With a week of DVR viewing, it rises to 2.8 and 11 million viewers.

“I am so proud to not only star, but produce a show that is so close to my heart,” Lopez says in a statement. “I am so happy that ‘World of Dance’ has resonated with audiences and we are able to put dancers on the pedestal they deserve. I cannot wait to continue this journey and my partnership with NBC.”

“World of Dance” features dancers and teams from around the globe competing for a grand prize of $1 million. Early rounds are split between Junior (age 17 and under), Upper (adult groups of four or less) and Team (larger adult crews), and a winner will be crowned in each division.

The three division champs will then compete for the big prize at the end of the season.

Lopez shares the judges’ table with Ne-Yo and Derek Hough. Jenna Dewan Tatum hosts the show.
ntscuser
Site Admin

Return to Reality/Talent Shows