Glee actor eliminated from Dancing with the Stars despite getting perfect score

Glee actor eliminated from Dancing with the Stars despite getting perfect score

Postby ntscuser » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:39 am

Heather Morris got 40 out of 40... and she's been sent packing

Glee's Heather Morris has been eliminated from Dancing with the Stars – despite achieving the first perfect score of the season.

She was kicked off during Week Six, and to make matters worse, she'd only just been reunited with her professional partner Maksim Chmerkovskiy for the first time since Week One, after he was forced to rest following a calf injury.

They'd danced a rumba to TLC's 'Waterfalls' as part of the Girl Band vs Boy Band theme of the week, wowing the judges.

It earned the first perfect score of 40 for the current 24th season. Not too shabby.

But despite the amazing reception, it wasn't enough to keep her out of the bottom two alongside Nancy Kerrigan, and Heather – best known for playing Brittany Pierce on the high school musical drama – was eliminated.

Amid boos of outrage from the audience, host Erin Andrews said to the couple: "Well, you hear the reaction. I'm shocked, audience not happy, how are you?"

Heather replied: "I'm okay. You know, it's a hard competition, and I'm really happy that I got to do exactly what I wanted to do."

Co-host Tom Bergeron added: "I have to say, in 24 seasons, that was probably the most vocally unhappy reaction we've gotten about a result."

He asked Chmerkovskiy how he was feeling, receiving the reply: "I'm good, I'm good. I put in a lot of work to try and come back and give her the chance.

"I'm not saying anything. I think [Helen's other pro partner] Alan [Bersten] did an amazing job. I think Heather is my inspiration moving forward."

Heather added: "I really, really want to say thank you to both of them because they were magical. It was fantastic."

Dancing with the Stars airs Mondays at 8pm ET on ABC.
ntscuser
Site Admin

Return to Reality/Talent Shows