The X Factor USA cancelled by Fox after three seasons

The X Factor USA cancelled by Fox after three seasons

Postby ntscuser » Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:12 pm

The X Factor USA has been cancelled by Fox.

The Simon Cowell talent show was on the air for three seasons. The series producer and judge earlier announced his return to the UK X Factor.

Cowell said in a statement: "I've had a fantastic time over the last 12 years, both on The X Factor and American Idol.

"And apart from being lucky enough to find some amazing talent on the shows, I have always had an incredible welcome from the American public (most of the time!).

"Last year, for a number of reasons, I had to make a decision to return to the UK version of The X Factor in 2014.

"So for now, I'm back to the UK and I want to thank Fox for being an incredible partner and I also want to thank everybody who has supported my shows. America, I'll see you soon!"

Fox Broadcasting Company chairman of entertainment Kevin Reilly said: "To all of us at Fox, Simon is more than one of the most prolific TV personalities of our time - he's part of our family.

"A consummate showman and partner, there's no-one more passionate or creative than Simon, and we feel so fortunate to have enjoyed such a wonderful, collaborative relationship with him over the past 12 years.

"Unfortunately, there is no X Factor USA without Simon Cowell, but we understand and support his decision to focus on the international formats and on the next phase of his personal life. We wish him the very best, and it's our sincere hope that we work together again soon."

Cowell departed the UK X Factor in 2011 to launch the US version. However, it got off to a bad start when first pick judge Cheryl Cole left after only a few days' filming and original host Steve Jones was mocked by American TV critics.

The record label boss predicted that the show would get 20 million viewers, but it never came close to that figure and it was also easily beaten by rival talent shows American Idol and The Voice. It also never found a breakout star.

The judges' table over the three seasons underwent some changes, with Paula Abdul, LA Reid and Nicole Scherzinger joining Cowell for the first year.

Demi Lovato and Britney Spears replaced the outgoing Scherzinger and Abdul in 2012, while last year's run featured Cowell, Lovato, Kelly Rowland and Paulina Rubio.

The 54-year-old mogul is also expecting his first child later this month with Lauren Silverman.
ntscuser
Site Admin

Return to Reality/Talent Shows