City agree terms with O'Donovan

Latest team news, results, video clips, interviews and live coverage

City agree terms with O'Donovan

Postby dutchman » Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:32 pm

Coventry City have agreed to sign former Sunderland forward Roy O'Donovan on a three-year-deal.
The 24-year-old, who is a former Sky Blues trainee, has passed a medical and will join the club on July 1.

The Irishman established himself in the League of Ireland with Cork City, where his honours included a league title, golden boot and a nomination for Soccer Writers Association of Ireland (SWAI) player of the year.

Having scored 31 goals from 74 league appearances, he moved to Roy Keane's Sunderland in 2006.

He made 17 appearances for the Black Cats before enjoying a series of loan spells, including at Hartlepool, where he scored nine goals in 15 appearances at the end of last season.

Manager Aidy Boothroyd said: "As soon as I arrived, I saw that we needed competition for places in attack and Roy is champing at the bit to be a success here.

"His opportunities at Sunderland were restricted but there is no doubting he can mark his mark on the Championship.

"He follows Gary McSheffrey by returning to club he was at during his youth, and we're steadily building the foundation of a strong, driven squad."

O'Donovan is Boothroyd's third signing, after deals to capture McSheffrey and Irish left-back Stephen O'Halloran were agreed.

Wouldn't it be easier just to sign the entire Irish first eleven? :lol:
dutchman
Site Admin

Re: City agree terms with O'Donovan

Postby PoundShopPeter » Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:01 am

O'my god! Is everyone we sign going to be an O'something or other? ;) :D
The Coventry Telegraph is the best Newspaper in the world. Honest.
PoundShopPeter

Re: City agree terms with O'Donovan

Postby ironskyblue » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:33 am

As long as it's not Keith O'Neill. Wonder how much we could get John O'Shea for? :lol:
You might be a king or a little street sweeper, but sooner or later, you dance with the Reaper!
ironskyblue

Return to Sky Blues