"Geofrey Robinson was communist spy"

Local, national, international and oddball news stories

"Geofrey Robinson was communist spy"

Postby dutchman » Sun May 19, 2019 6:07 am

Cold War documents link Geoffrey Robinson to Czechoslovakia spy

One of Jeremy Corbyn's most senior MPs was a spy who passed confidential Government documents to an enemy state, according to intelligence files unearthed by The Mail on Sunday.

The Cold War documents report that Geoffrey Robinson, a Minister under Prime Minister Tony Blair, divulged highly sensitive information about Britain's nuclear deterrent over the course of 51 meetings with a spymaster from Communist Czechoslovakia.

The files also describe alleged contact between Mr Robinson and Russian KGB agents.

Given the codename Karko by the Czechs, Mr Robinson, who was then an ambitious Labour Party apparatchik, allegedly:

• Passed the Czechs 87 pieces of intelligence between 1966 and 1969, including highly sensitive details relating to Britain's Polaris missile programme and Nato briefing notes;
  • Accepted gifts worth more than £12,000 in today's money, including Harrods vouchers, cases of wine and a gallon of whisky;
  • Declared himself a 'Leninist' and was hailed as one of Czechoslovakia's 'most productive sources' in the UK.

The documents held in an official Prague archive claim that Mr Robinson acknowledged at the time that he 'was involved in espionage' and would be 'sent to prison' if caught.

Last night Mr Robinson, Labour MP for Coventry North West since 1976, strenuously denied the allegations. He issued a statement through lawyers denying any wrongdoing.

'At no time did he ever pass confidential government documents or information to any foreign agent and he did not have access to such material,' it said.

'The allegations made by the Czech authorities 50 years ago are a lie.'

The files were examined by leading Czech intelligence expert Dr Daniela Richterova, of Brunel University, who said: 'I don't know whether what he allegedly did at that time was illegal, but it could be looked upon as betrayal. People working for government should not have been passing off intelligence to the Russians or its satellite states.'

One of Parliament's wealthiest MPs, Robinson was a central New Labour figure, closely allied to both Tony Blair and Gordon Brown.

The Mail on Sunday has written permission to publish extracts. They detail Mr Robinson's alleged cultivation as a source and how he was expensively wined and dined at exclusive London restaurants and clubs.

Even after the Czech regime and its Soviet allies brutally suppressed the Prague Spring uprising in 1968, killing 137 civilians, the Labour official allegedly continued to collaborate with the StB.

A highly placed senior British intelligence source was shown the Robinson file on Friday.

Stationed in the Eastern Bloc during the same period, the source initially suggested that Robinson was, perhaps, working for the British security services as a double agent.

But several hours later, following discussions with former colleagues, he was less certain of this, adding: 'I have spoken to people who would have known him and they have no recollection of him.'

Read more...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... gence.html

dutchman
Site Admin

Re: "Geofrey Robinson was communist spy"

Postby rebbonk » Sun May 19, 2019 11:52 am

We've had many from all parties spy for foreign countries.

I'd like to see a little more evidence on this one before I decide
Of course it'll fit; you just need a bigger hammer.
rebbonk

Postby Melisandre » Mon May 27, 2019 3:21 pm

They ought to be focusing more on this spying machine we now have. Then check news why Brussels has refused it in their country.

https://worldhealth.net/news/brussels-f ... h-effects/

Melisandre

Postby rebbonk » Mon May 27, 2019 5:13 pm

Melisandre, we little people don't matter! - What the elite will do when we're all dead and buried, I have no idea.
Of course it'll fit; you just need a bigger hammer.
rebbonk

Postby Melisandre » Mon May 27, 2019 5:34 pm

My thought exactly Rebbonk .
As Ian Crane said in an interview with Gemma O'Dorherty on A plea to save Ireland the elite stick together to do these things yet fight against each other any other time as they are in it for them selves so perhaps they will kill one another off too. :rolling: They will one day discover you can't eat money.

There is a cure for cancer stated on an Ian Crane video on you tube and it works with a diet also works well on Autisium its called MC Math but our government have arrested David Noaks his wife a biologist for making and using it with out registering it and are sending them to France to be tried. The doctor they sold it to for the kids with Autisium was raided in America next day he was found shot in the chest face down in a river. We from law are only have allowed chemo. The only winners here are the pharmacuticle company's with their expensive chemo charge.
Melisandre

Postby Jock Strapp » Tue May 28, 2019 10:51 am

I believe that in the UK drugs/medicines have to be tested over lengthy period before being released to the public.
Cannot understand the governments stand over cannabis extracts though. It has been proved that it can help certain conditions in particular sufferers of epilepsy. The UK is the worlds biggest exporter of cannabis and yet the government refuses its use here. I must add that I have never used it myself or any other drug, except alcohol.. On a transport in Oman everyone except me was smoking the weed, that was about thirty men. I was inhaling second hand smoke and it made me feel a bit whiffy.
Jock Strapp

Postby Melisandre » Tue May 28, 2019 11:42 am

If you look on you tube Jock Strap there are plenty of answers to your question about the reason why Cannabis and other cures proven and tested are not allowed. The pharmaceutical company's won't make big money from their so called cures ask any American or look up Ian Crane on David Noakes.
Melisandre

Return to News