Sweden, nation that pioneered living without cash, warns: Hoard your banknotes

Current affairs, gossip and general conversation

Sweden, nation that pioneered living without cash, warns: Hoard your banknotes

Postby dutchman » Sun May 12, 2019 2:24 am

As Britain edges towards a cashless future, Sweden has urged its citizens to stockpile change in case of power cuts, a cyber-attack or war

Everyone in Sweden has been urged to stockpile coins and banknotes in case the country’s move towards a cashless society leaves them without money in a cyber-crisis. In a move that will sound alarm bells in the UK, Sweden — one of the most advanced nations for digital payments — has warned that its people could be unable to buy anything if its computer networks were put out of action.

The Swedish Civil Contingencies Agency, an arm of the government, has sent guidance to every home telling residents to squirrel away “cash in small denominations” in case of emergencies ranging from power cuts or technology glitches to terrorism, cyber-attacks by a rogue government or war.

dutchman
Site Admin

Re: Sweden, nation that pioneered living without cash, warns: Hoard your banknotes

Postby dutchman » Sun May 12, 2019 2:33 am

I heard the same advice a year ago from an alternative investment advisor. He warned that when the financial crash comes, shopkeepers are unlikely to accept commodities such as gold, silver or bitcoin as payment.

I always carry just enough cash to cover my supermarket bill in case my card is rejected for whatever reason. Carry any more than that and you risk getting robbed.
dutchman
Site Admin

Re: Sweden, nation that pioneered living without cash, warns: Hoard your banknotes

Postby rebbonk » Sun May 12, 2019 10:02 am

Perfectly sound advice. We've already had a couple of tastes of what can happen when the cash network goes down.
Of course it'll fit; you just need a bigger hammer.
rebbonk

Postby Melisandre » Sun May 12, 2019 12:43 pm

Nothing than a better way of the tax man having you if you do a job for some one they pay you through the bank which the tax man can and does go into bank accounts which could take you over your threshold of taxation.

There are warnings on you tube of a cashless society. Especially with our government wanting to bring in here what Japan is doing with their society which they will have control over your money too and can stop you getting it. Eg a man in Japan broke the rules on a train station now he is barred from taking any public transport so he cannot now get to work lost his job its so many strikes and your out completely your not allowed to be over weight it's against their law you get fined and sent to classes You can check this out.
Last edited by Melisandre on Sun May 12, 2019 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Melisandre

Postby rebbonk » Sun May 12, 2019 1:14 pm

Since I've stopped working, I use cash more than ever. I don't see this changing any time soon.
Of course it'll fit; you just need a bigger hammer.
rebbonk

Postby Melisandre » Sun May 12, 2019 1:41 pm

I don't blame you Rebbonk I read a lot of even younger people are going back to cash. Because of over draft cost thinking they had enough money in because of direct debit that should of been taken out on a date set then taken out after that date. Also they are finding they spend more using cards than cash.
Melisandre

Postby dutchman » Sun May 12, 2019 2:18 pm

I'm shocked at how many people rely on cash machines to buy everyday essentials such as food and petrol. :roll:
dutchman
Site Admin

Postby Melisandre » Sun May 12, 2019 4:15 pm

That's what our government want dummed down people by using tap or your pin card number also cash machines to have control over their money and know exactly where you have been at the same time and what you have bought. .
Melisandre

Return to General Discussion