Brexiteers tear apart 'sell out' free trade area plan

Local, national, international and oddball news stories

Re: Brexiteers tear apart 'sell out' free trade area plan

Postby rebbonk » Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:47 pm

May must go. No ifs, no buts the 1922 committee need to book her a removal van.
Of course it'll fit; you just need a bigger hammer.
rebbonk

Postby dutchman » Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:54 pm

They'd just replace her with another EU supporter.
dutchman
Site Admin

Postby Melisandre » Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:41 pm

We can say good bye to our sovereignty if we are not out by 2020 as the Lisbon Treaty kicks in or is this what they want to keep extending until then.

They are never satisfied are they?
They wanted a diverse society of people that could think for them selves they got it they wanted multy culturism they got that now the out come of what they wanted has caused chaos . If they had not created this kind of society we would be all reading from the same book like in the past generations none of this would of have come about. I wonder what will come about on around 19th - 20th of April.
Last edited by Melisandre on Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Melisandre

Postby rebbonk » Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:49 pm

Maybe, if we're going to be ruled from the EU, we should simply disband parliament? Maybe, the turkeys are voting for Christmas?
rebbonk

Postby Melisandre » Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:35 pm

rebbonk wrote:Maybe, if we're going to be ruled from the EU, we should simply disband parliament? Maybe, the turkeys are voting for Christmas?

I agree disband parliament its not fit for purpose imo
A lot of public replies say its Merkles deal not May's.

I ve been asking this question for ages Rebbonk if we have been ruled by the EU all these years (hence why our partys are in such a mess no experience in running a county) why have we been paying the wages to the pigs in our trough along with civil servants wages. I am sure a lot of low paid workers would benefit and would nt need to go to food banks with these savings...
I would nt trust any of them including Farage.
Melisandre

Postby rebbonk » Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:33 pm

dutchman wrote:
Two of Coventry's three MPs have ignored the original wishes of their constituents and voted for a second Brexit referendum

Dominic Grieve has fallen foul of his local committee and is facing deselection: the two muppets in this article ought face the same fate
rebbonk

Postby rebbonk » Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:37 pm

Just for reference, all 3 of Coventry's MPs voted the same last night...

For Customs union: Seeking a UK-wide customs union with the EU (Ken Clarke's proposal - 273 votes for, 276 against)

For Common Market 2.0: Remaining in the European single market and seeking a temporary customs union with the EU (Nick Boles's proposal - 261 votes for, 282 against)

For Confirmatory referendum: Holding a public vote to confirm any withdrawal agreement agreed by Parliament (Peter Kyle and Phil Wilson's proposal - 280 votes for, 292 against)

Did not vote Parliamentary supremacy: Power for MPs to block leaving with no-deal by cancelling Brexit if EU won’t grant a further extension beyond 12 April (Joanna Cherry's proposal - 191 votes for, 292 against)

Sourced from the BBC website
rebbonk

Postby rebbonk » Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:40 pm

rebbonk

Postby dutchman » Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:00 pm

Nigel Farage: 'I'll stand in European elections - but I'm not happy about it'

Nigel Farage has confirmed he will stand in the EU elections if the UK hasn't left the bloc but says he is "not happy" about it.

The Brexit Party leader told Sky News he would lead his new party into the elections next month, after Theresa May said she would begin contingency plans for holding the votes as she requested another extension to Article 50.

Mr Farage told Sky News: "I'll be leading the Brexit Party into those European elections as it now looks certain they will happen.

"Am I happy about it? No I'm not - actually I've got many other things in my life I'd like to do, I thought we'd won the Brexit battle but I'm not going to after 25 years of endeavour watch British politicians roll us over.

"This is the fightback and they're going to be very surprised by what they get."

He said the extension, and subsequent vote, would allow people to "express their view".

On discussions of a second referendum, or confirmatory public vote, Mr Farage said: "The referendum being talked about by Keir Starmer and Hammond would offer Remain, but I thought we decided that one, against the May treaty, which is no Brexit at all. There would not even be a proper Leave option.

"It's a disgrace if talks continue on this basis."

Mr Farage also criticised the "Remain parliament" for failing to secure the result of the referendum and said there were "no surprises" that Mrs May was having to seek another extension.

He said: "We have had a referendum vote, a general election and 500 MPs voting to trigger Article 50, all of it has been tossed aside because the Remain parliament doesn't want to carry out the wishes of the British people or keep their own promises.

"Leaving immediately with no deal is the leading option in every region in England and Wales except in London. I can't imagine there has ever been a time where politicians were further away from the people."

Mr Farage said Mrs May had tried to "kill Brexit" by "kicking the can down the road".

He also claimed there is "growing anger", not just with Leave voters, but among Remain voters who say "what kind of country are we if we don't keep democracy".

He added: "Brexit will happen, but I fear there are more battles to fight."

:sky_news:
dutchman
Site Admin

Postby dutchman » Mon May 20, 2019 2:27 am

Theresa May's 'bold Brexit offer' is just a 'retread' of old ideas, leaked document suggests

Theresa May’s final attempt to get a Brexit deal through Parliament appears doomed after a leaked document suggested it was nothing more than a “retread” of old ideas.

The Prime Minister claims she has a “bold offer” to put to MPs next month, but The Telegraph has learnt that it contains nothing new on customs arrangements and retains the controversial Northern Irish backstop.

To stand any chance of winning the vote, Mrs May must persuade Brexiteer Tory MPs who opposed her deal in the previous three votes to change their minds, but leading Eurosceptics said there was “nothing new” to tempt them.

If Mrs May loses the vote in the first week of June, she will be expected to announce her resignation...

There's nothing "final" about it. When this vote fails she'll simply bring it back in a few weeks for another vote. :roll:
dutchman
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to News