Beth Tweddle is taking legal action against The Jump after breaking two vertebrae

Beth Tweddle is taking legal action against The Jump after breaking two vertebrae

Postby dutchman » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:33 pm

"The effects of my accident still interrupt my daily life"

The artistic gymnast Beth Tweddle will be suing The Jump's producers after getting injured during training for the show.

Beth had to undergo surgery after she fractured two vertebrae during a training jump three years ago – and she is still recovering from the accident.

"It’s been a long journey and my recovery is still ongoing. I’m not sure I’ll ever be 100% again, " she explained. "The effects of my accident still interrupt my daily life and aside from the severe physical injuries at the start, the hardest part of the recovery process has been the psychological element, dealing with and processing the whole accident and the aftermath of what happened."

Beth continued: "I said before that I don’t want this accident to define me and I work hard every day to ensure that isn’t the case."

She also added that she wanted to ensure "there is full accountability for people involved in creating shows like this" and to prevent other people from going through similar accidents.

Beth's lawyer, Demetrius Danas, has explained that the show's producers have denied the allegations which has left them with no other choice but to take further action in a court proceeding.

"Despite attempts to settle the legal case amicably, the defendants involved in making The Jump have so far denied any liability for her injuries and we have been left with no choice but to issue court proceedings as we seek to resolve the case," explained Beth's lawyer.

The Jump's fourth season wrapped up on Channel 4 in March last year when Made in Chelsea's Spencer Matthews won over Olympian Louis Smith.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)