Charles Venn becomes the 10th celebrity to leave Strictly Come Dancing

Charles Venn becomes the 10th celebrity to leave Strictly Come Dancing

Postby dutchman » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:07 pm

The Casualty actor just misses out on a place in the Semi-Final

Strictly Come Dancing has revealed the celebrity who's taken their final bow in the competition, as Casualty star Charles Venn became the 10th celebrity to leave the competition during Musicals Week.

This means that Charles and his professional partner Karen Clifton have just missed out on a place in the Semi-Final too – after the judges opted to save Ashley Roberts and Pasha Kovalev for a second week running in tonight's (December 2) dance-off.

Charles and Ashley both failed to go through to next week on the public's votes, so both celebrities performed again for the judges on Sunday, with Charles and Karen performing their Rumba to 'Maria' from West Side Story and Ashley and Pasha dancing a Quickstep to 'Don't Rain on my Parade' from Funny Girl.

After doing all that they could do one last time, it was over to the judges to deliver their verdict, with Craig Revel Horwood, Darcey Bussell and Bruno Tonioli all opting to save Ashley and Pasha.

"Well let me firstly say I truly loved both performances and of course, I hate saying the word 'difficult' but I have to. But for the most solid and technically demanding performance, I'm going to choose Ashley and Pasha," Craig began.

Darcey added: "This is horrible to make a choice between these two, but the couple I would like to save on the pure complexity and brilliance of the dance is Ashley and Pasha."

Meanwhile, Bruno thanked both celebrities for their performances, saying: "You really gave wonderful, completely different but wonderful performances – but I have to choose the performance that I thought was stronger, more accomplished, more complicated, and more exciting, so I have to go for Ashley and Pasha."

Head Judge Shirley Ballas also agreed with her fellow judges and would have saved Ashley and Pasha too.

Speaking about his time on Strictly, Charles thanked his family for their support, before paying "extreme homage" to his dance partner Karen.

"Before I go through dances or memories, I have to pay extreme homage to this woman here because Karen Clifton turned me into a promising dancer," he said.

"This woman has been by my side and supported me, she's been strict, she's been solid, she's been caring and loving, sensitive, intuitive, and I'm adamant that without her, I don't know how I would have got to this level."

As Charles named their high-scoring Samba as one of his most stand-out moments, he continued to say that he's "so thankful and appreciative of this opportunity".

"I've learnt so much about myself. I now know I can do a bit of ballroom and Salsa," he added. "I'm so thankful. Thank you for the opportunity. Thank you Strictly Come Dancing. Thank you to the voters. Thank you judges because you guys saved our butts a couple of times so thank you, thank you."

Karen also added that she'll never forget the "journey" that she and Charles went on together during the series.

"Oh Charles, I can only say that you have been the most humble, the most professional person who I've ever worked with," she said. "And thank you for always respecting me as a woman, as a friend and as a teacher, and I will never forget this journey that we had together."

Sunday's results show also featured a musical performance from Adam Lambert singing 'We Will Rock You'.

Strictly Come Dancing continues on Saturday, December 8 at 6.35pm, before the results show follows on Sunday, December 9 at 7.15pm on BBC One.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)