Coleman to be sacked

Latest team news, results, video clips, interviews and live coverage

Coleman to be sacked

Postby PoundShopPeter » Mon May 03, 2010 7:35 pm

In the next few days apparently. :begging:

Two full seasons in charge with no progress whatsoever so he can have no complaints.
The Coventry Telegraph is the best Newspaper in the world. Honest.
PoundShopPeter

Re: Coleman to be sacked

Postby ironskyblue » Mon May 03, 2010 11:52 pm

To be perfectly honest, I think it's the only way we're going to see an improvement.

I've never been a supporter of the in/out ploicy the club has adopted over the last few years, but we've got absolutely nowhere under Coleman. His record isn't good, he's had more time than some and things just haven't worked out. If we keep playing like we have done for the large part of this season, we will have no fans left. I know Ranson may not want to, but I think he needs to look at this from a fans perspective.
You might be a king or a little street sweeper, but sooner or later, you dance with the Reaper!
ironskyblue

Postby StevieG » Tue May 04, 2010 8:42 am

Got a manager for you lads that we are desperate to get rid of, goes by the the name of "The Spanish Waiter" :begging:
StevieG

Postby dutchman » Tue May 04, 2010 12:50 pm

Coventry City have sacked manager Chris Coleman after finishing 19th in the Championship following Sunday's 4-0 home defeat by Watford.
The ex-Fulham boss, 39, took over in February 2008 and led the Sky Blues to survival that year and 17th last term.

A club statement read: "The board stressed that the decision was not a knee-jerk reaction to Sunday's match.

"The team's form deteriorated rapidly towards the end of the season for the second year running."

Coventry chairman Ray Ranson said: "I enjoyed a very close working relationship with Chris and it's been a pleasure to work with him since his arrival.

"The board would like to place on record their thanks for his efforts over two and a half years.

"We will not be rushed into finding a successor and the board will explore every avenue to appoint the right manager to take Coventry City forward."

Coleman, who made over 30 appearances for Wales, had a playing career that included stints at Swansea, Crystal Palace, Blackburn and Fulham.

However, he was forced to hang up his boots in 2002 after failing to recover fully from a serious car crash nearly two years earlier.

He was appointed manager of Fulham in 2003 but parted company with the London club in 2007 before having a stint in charge of Spanish side Real Sociedad.

:bbc_news:
dutchman
Site Admin

Postby PoundShopPeter » Tue May 04, 2010 3:20 pm

Skytext invent a new word for coming 19th! :lol:
The Coventry Telegraph is the best Newspaper in the world. Honest.
PoundShopPeter

Postby pollyanna » Wed May 05, 2010 9:16 am

:funny:

Goodbye Mr. Coleman :redcard:
pollyanna

Postby Midland Red » Wed May 05, 2010 1:28 pm

StevieG wrote:Got a manager for you lads that we are desperate to get rid of, goes by the the name of "The Spanish Waiter" :begging:

Spot on! Please take him

Midland Red
Midland Red

Postby StevieG » Wed May 05, 2010 3:40 pm

Midland Red wrote:
StevieG wrote:Got a manager for you lads that we are desperate to get rid of, goes by the the name of "The Spanish Waiter" :begging:

Spot on! Please take him

Midland Red

MidRed , are you an Anfield disciple :begging:
StevieG

Postby Midland Red » Wed May 05, 2010 4:06 pm

StevieG wrote:
Midland Red wrote:

Spot on! Please take him

Midland Red

MidRed , are you an Anfield disciple :begging:

Since my first match at Anfield, 4 Oct 1967, v FF Malmo
Mind you, after last Sunday, I'm not sure when the next one will be!

Midland RED :roll:
Midland Red

Postby StevieG » Thu May 06, 2010 8:46 am

MidRed- First stood on the Kop in 1950 and will always remember the event, as it was a birthday present from the family, seeing the hallowed turf and the fervent fans but as always I remember the Scouse humour, chants & immortal songs from the Koppites and Anfield Road end even at that tender age. I have relations that come periodically from the U.S.A./Canada and the emails start to flow if they are coming over during the season, asking me to get tickets to a match to make their holiday so I always try, a bit difficult at times as you know, to pamper them and they tell their fellow Red fans in Dallas/Toronto on their return about the match etc; as they are members of the local LFC Supporters Chapters in their areas so I have emails from all over the place when they get back asking me to obtain souvenirs, team photos etc; for their friends .
Had the pleasure when last in Dallas of attending one of their club nights and believe me, it was like being on the Kop as the fervour from them is overwhelming and in return, I made them "Honorary Scousers" in appreciation of the welcome they gave me :lol:
StevieG

Next

Return to Sky Blues