Coventry council plan to axe weekly household waste collections in bid to make budget savings

Local, national, international and oddball news stories

Re: Coventry council plan to axe weekly household waste collections in bid to make budget savings

Postby dutchman » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:58 pm

Melisandre wrote:I did nt get a calender so perhaps some by you might not of either.

It should have been printed on the same card which notified you that your collection day was being changed to Friday.

Melisandre wrote:I dont even know if they come on the same day as the collection of the household bin collection .

Does this help:

http://www.coventry.gov.uk/binsfridaya
dutchman
Site Admin

Re: Coventry council plan to axe weekly household waste collections in bid to make budget savings

Postby rebbonk » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:24 am

I have still had nothing from our wonderful council. No caddy, no calendar.

I've checked on the council website so know my collection days: I've transferred these days to our kitchen calendar so Mrs R knows. But here lies the rub. I know where to go for such information, many (particularly the older ones) have no idea. CCC have (IMO) failed miserably to communicate these changes to the population. The fact that bins are being put out on the wrong days is not the fault of those doing so, but of the council for not communicating in a simple and timely maner. Maybe Fran Collingwood didn't do such a bad job after all?
Of course it'll fit; you just need a bigger hammer.
rebbonk

Postby Melisandre » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:03 pm

Thank you Dutchman :thumbsup:
Melisandre

Postby dutchman » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:35 pm

'Teething problems' with new bin collections leave Coventry couple with piles of rubbish

“Teething problems” with Coventry’s new wheelie bin collection service have left one elderly couple with weeks of rubbish piled up at their home.

Paul and Irene Sadler, who have an assisted service for their bin collections due to mobility issues, are fed up with the rubbish which has been building for six weeks.

Mr Sadler, who lives on Broad Park Road, Henley Green, said his garden waste bin and recycling bin should be collected fortnightly under the new system, but they have been forgotten about numerous times.

Their assisted service means bin men are supposed to collect the bins from the couple’s house, rather than the road.

Mr Sadler, 61, said: “My wife suffers from hip problems and arthritis - she uses two sticks to get about - and I’m not very good on my legs either.

“We’ve had issues with missed collections for the last two years - it’s a continuous problem.

“I’ve been in contact with the council numerous times and we’re getting nowhere. It’s getting ridiculous now.”

dutchman
Site Admin

Postby Melisandre » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:43 pm

They are not the only ones I am on a pull and return also since the change they have nt emptied my recycle bin its full where my lid wont close now .
Melisandre

Postby dutchman » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:35 am

dutchman wrote:Quite a few people around here are expecting a second collection tomorrow and have put their green bins out again despite it clearly being marked on the calendar as recycled waste bins only! :clown:

The same neighbours are STILL putting their green bins out on blue lid day! :clown:

I am guessing someone at the council has told them to "leave them out and they will be collected" :clown:
dutchman
Site Admin

Postby Melisandre » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:47 am

Perhaps they have nt got a calender or may be their green bins have nt been emptied like my blue lidded bin was nt.

When I asked the green bin collection last week could he empty my recyle to he did . The lad told me the recyle bin men are likely working off an old rota on the system so much for new technology.
Melisandre

Postby rebbonk » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:09 am

CCC can't run bin collections properly, yet they think they can run an upmarket hotel! :clown: :clown: :clown:

It would be funny if I didn't believe that the taxpayer was going to end up footing the bill!
Of course it'll fit; you just need a bigger hammer.
rebbonk

Postby dutchman » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:48 pm

Melisandre wrote:Perhaps they have nt got a calender or may be their green bins have nt been emptied like my blue lidded bin was nt.

They were emptied last week Melisandre and have been told by the other neighbours they would not be collected this week so I can only assume the council has told them otherwise.
dutchman
Site Admin

Postby dutchman » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:20 pm

Interesting test coming up...

Almost all of the green bins around here are full to overflowing and I suspect the same is true in other parts of the city. So are the binmen going to refuse to empty them as per regulations or leave them for another fortnight?
dutchman
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to News