Coventry council plan to axe weekly household waste collections in bid to make budget savings

Local, national, international and oddball news stories

Re: Coventry council plan to axe weekly household waste collections in bid to make budget savings

Postby rebbonk » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:38 pm

I only learned today Melisandre, that I worked with Nigel Fletcher's brother!
Of course it'll fit; you just need a bigger hammer.
rebbonk

Re: Coventry council plan to axe weekly household waste collections in bid to make budget savings

Postby Melisandre » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:39 am

Thats great Rebbonk bet that was a nice suprise for you .

Not sure if your bins get emptied today if its the same day as mine it will tomorrow for the binmen.
Melisandre

Postby rebbonk » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:51 am

The bin men are about, but they're not the usual crew. Of course, all the extra refuse means more trips back to base to empty.

It's now 09:50, normally my bin would have been emptied by now. I'll bet it'll be more like midday before it's emptied.
rebbonk

Postby Melisandre » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:00 pm

Inside my food box Rebbonk it said my day has changed to Fridays the next bin collection. 12.45 a bin wagon has just gone down Longford Rd by St Thomas church. No bin bin collection here today so far and no one has put their bins out either.
Melisandre

Postby rebbonk » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:38 pm

Ours was collected just after 11:15 (I'm the other side of the canal to you.)
rebbonk

Postby Melisandre » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:29 pm

The bin lorry must of been leaving your place then when I seen it going down towards town by St Thomas . Yes I thought you were where my daughter lived a few years ago on the other side of the canal ☺ you would know my son in law Keith he worked in the post office shop on the bridge .
Melisandre

Postby rebbonk » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:24 am

Melisandre wrote: you would know my son in law Keith he worked in the post office shop on the bridge .

I'm afraid I don't know him, but I've no doubt that Mrs R does. - She seems to know everyone!
rebbonk

Postby dutchman » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:32 pm

Quite a few people around here are expecting a second collection tomorrow and have put their green bins out again despite it clearly being marked on the calendar as recycled waste bins only! :clown:
dutchman
Site Admin

Postby Melisandre » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:09 pm

You can lead a horse to water but you cant make it drink saying comes to mind.

I did nt get a calender so perhaps some by you might not of either. I dont even know if they come on the same day as the collection of the household bin collection .
Melisandre

PreviousNext

Return to News