Freddy Eastwood calm about competition

Latest team news, results, video clips, interviews and live coverage

Freddy Eastwood calm about competition

Postby dutchman » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:46 pm

Striker Freddy Eastwood says he is 'not threatened' by competition for places in the Coventry City squad.
Eastwood scored only his eighth goal of the campaign in the 1-1 draw with Preston on Saturday.

"I haven't played enough. We've had strikers come in and they've been in front of me playing," Eastwood told BBC Coventry & Warwickshire.

"The players he (Chris Coleman) has bung in this season...I don't think I've got too much threat to be honest."

The striker's appearance against the Lillywhites was his first start in four matches, following a spell on the sidelines with a back injury.

Eastwood, who has often been deployed out wide, has two years left on his contract at the Ricoh Arena and believes he is still firmly in the manager Coleman's plans.

"My return of goals when I've been on the pitch up-top has been quite good," said Eastwood.

"I need to come back much fitter and sharper next season and I think I'll be in the team.

"Going into the next game I'm going to be full of confidence after scoring.

"It's a week away and a week better for my injury."

Coventry take on Middlesbrough at the Riverside Stadium on Saturday (24 April, 1500 BST).

:bbc_news:
dutchman
Site Admin

Re: Freddy Eastwood calm about competition

Postby PoundShopPeter » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:59 pm

dutchman wrote:
Striker Freddy Eastwood says he is 'not threatened' by competition for places in the Coventry City squad.

"The players he (Chris Coleman) has bung in this season...I don't think I've got too much threat to be honest."

BUNGS!!!! Though't they'd stopped all that? :rolling:
The Coventry Telegraph is the best Newspaper in the world. Honest.
PoundShopPeter

Return to Sky Blues