'Uptown Funk' spends seventh week as UK number one

'Uptown Funk' spends seventh week as UK number one

Postby dutchman » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:30 pm

Mark Ronson's 'Uptown Funk' has retained its position as the UK's number one single.

The producer and guest artist Bruno Mars marked their seventh non-consecutive week at number one with the track.

'Uptown Funk' has now managed the most weeks at number one since Leona Lewis's 2007 single 'Bleeding Love'.

Ronson said: "It's such an incredible thing to be Number 1 even for one week. It's my first Number 1 of any single I've ever had, so to be Number 1 for seven weeks is something that just blows my mind, it's amazing.

"It's cool because it means that you guys all like what we like, which is good funk music and dance music played by musicians. It's insane, so thank you."

Elsewhere, Hozier is up one place to 2 with 'Take Me To Church', while Fergie is new in at 3 with 'LA Love (La La)'.

Meghan Trainor's 'Lips Are Movin' and Rihanna's collaboration with Kanye West and Paul McCartney 'FourFive Seconds' round out the top five.

Karen Harding is new at 7 with 'Say Something', while Hannah Wants and Chris Lorenzo are in at 13 with Rhymes.

Maroon 5's Sugar is up 33 places to 22, and Selena Gomez is new in at 30 with 'The Heart Wants What It Wants'.

Source: The Official Charts Company
dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Music News