The Masked Dancer 2022 confirms its winner as finalists unmasked

The Masked Dancer 2022 confirms its winner as finalists unmasked

Postby dutchman » Sun Oct 23, 2022 8:13 am

Pearly King, Scissors and Onomatopoeia battled it out

During last week's semi-final, it was Olympic heptathlete Denise Lewis and Girls Aloud singer Kimberley Walsh's turn to reveal themselves from beneath their colourful costumes, setting the stage for a dramatic last push for ultimate glory from Pearly King, Scissors and Onomatopoeia.

All three contestants performed one last time for the night's judging panel – Peter Crouch, Davina McCall, Oti Mabuse, Dawn French and John Bishop. But in the end, though, there could only be one winner, and that was... Scissors!

Following her victory, Scissors was then unmasked as Glee star Heather Morris. She told presenter Joel Dommett: "I can't believe I won! Oh my gosh!"

"You've been amazing this whole time. You've been genuinely incredible," Joel said.

"I have had the best time. Seriously, this has made my heart so full," Heather added. "My kids at home, I have two boys, we are huge Masked fans.

"My oldest, during the pandemic, would make masks himself... when I got the call for this, hands down, of course I'm going to do this, my kids will be in awe of me."

Clues to Scissors' identity this series included a bowl of Cheerios (a nod to her Glee character) and a clip where she was seen holding a star cushion backstage was a reference to Heather's time as a contestant on Dancing with the Stars in 2017.

All three Masked Dancer finalists were unmasked during tonight's show. Pearly King finished in third place, and was revealed to be former Strictly Come Dancing and current Dancing with the Stars judge Bruno Tonioli.

Clues to Bruno's identity included the 'King of the Hill' slogan on the back of his costume – a reference to Notting Hill in London, where he first lived when he moved to the UK.

The dancer and choreographer joked that he thought the show was The Masked Singer when he signed up to it, remarking: "I said: 'Singer, oh yeah I'll do it. Dancer?? You've got to be kidding me!' You should always read your contract."

He praised his experience at "doing something so out of your comfort zone", particularly the "swagger" of his character.

This series' runner-up was Onomatopoeia, who was revealed to be star of stage and screen Adam Garcia.

Adam, who's currently appearing in historical drama The Serpent Queen, said: "I always step away from dancing and then something brings me back – and I realise, that's right, I LOVE dancing… it brings joy."

The Masked Singer and The Masked Dancer air on ITV.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)