Dancing on Ice confirms Olympian as fourth 2023 contestant

Dancing on Ice confirms Olympian as fourth 2023 contestant

Postby dutchman » Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:38 am

Who's joining Ekin-Su?

Dancing on Ice has confirmed that Olympic gymnast Nile Wilson is the fourth celebrity taking part in the 2023 series of the show.

Confirming the news via his YouTube channel, Wilson said: "I'm going to be on ITV's Dancing on Ice! This is a really cool thing. I've certainly not done much ice-skating but I am so excited for the opportunity. I’m so excited to get into that routine and to feel like an athlete again.

"My biggest goal on the show is to do something that no-one has ever done before!"

Wilson will be in good company on the ice, joining the previously announced Love Island winner Ekin-Su Cülcüloğlu, ex-footballer John Fashanu and former EastEnders actress Patsy Palmer.

Speaking about her decision to join the show, which is set to air on ITV and ITVX in the new year, Ekin-Su said: "I'm so excited for the team. I can't wait to get myself on the ice and skate. Stay tuned, and see you on the ice!"

Ex-footballer John also shared his excitement about joining the show, saying: "I'm so excited to be a part of Dancing on Ice! I don't think it'll come as a surprise to people that I'm very competitive – I am definitely in it to win it.

"And this may be one of the scariest things I've ever signed up for but I couldn't be more ready for the challenge!"

Patsy on the other hand revealed she had previously turned the show down due to nerves, but was now looking forward to challenging herself.

"The pact I made when I was 50, which I was this year, I wanted to do things to challenge myself and not get stuck in this thing of 'I'm 50, argh!' So this is for all the 50-year-olds out there," she said.

Dancing on Ice premieres on ITV and ITVX early next year.

dutchman
Site Admin

Re: Dancing on Ice confirms Olympian as fourth 2023 contestant

Postby dutchman » Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:38 am

Dancing on Ice premieres on ITV and ITVX early next year.

Next year? We could all be dead by then! :roll:
dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)