Strictly Come Dancing announces the first celebrity elimination of 2022

Strictly Come Dancing announces the first celebrity elimination of 2022

Postby dutchman » Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:46 pm

Which celebrities have made it to Movie Week?

Strictly Come Dancing is finally back for 2022 and has brightened up our TVs with all the sequins and fake tans from our celebrities and professional dancers.

But with all the fabulousness that Strictly brings, it also means someone has to be eliminated, and in reality, no one wants to be the first to go, but here we are.

Tonight's (October 2) dreaded dance-off saw Loose Women's Kaye Adams and Kai Widdrington, and singer Matt Goss and Nadiya Bychkova become the first couples to go head to head after being awarded the lowest scores on Saturday night's show.

It was ultimately Kaye and Kai who the judges decided to send home, with all but Shirley Ballas choosing to save Matt and Nadiya.

"It was the right result and I'm delighted for Matt and Nadiya," Kaye told co-host Tess Daly following the result. "The only person I'm sorry for is this wonderful man who has just been so amazing."

Kai was full of praise for his celebrity partner too, saying that only they know how much work they've put in together.

"This lady is a trooper," Kai said. "I'm proud of you, I know your girls and your other half Ian's going to be proud, but the most important thing is you should be proud of yourself because you are a superstar."

They then took to the dancefloor for their final dance together.

Next week has been announced as Movie Week on Strictly, so expect to see the celebrities hitting the dancefloor to songs from the likes of Dirty Dancing, Footloose, The Full Monty (spoiler, Tony Adams will be dancing to that), and plenty more.

Strictly Come Dancing airs on Saturdays and Sundays on BBC One, while spin-off show Strictly: It Takes Two airs on weeknights on BBC Two. Both shows also stream on BBC iPlayer.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)