Coventry Building Society to close three branches in the city...

Local, national, international and oddball news stories

Coventry Building Society to close three branches in the city...

Postby dutchman » Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:58 pm

Coventry Building Society to open first new branch in city for 16 years

Coventry Building Society is opening its first new branch in Coventry for 16 years as part of a £5.5m investment to transform its network across the city.

Work on the new branch at Warwickshire Shopping Park in Binley has already begun ahead of opening early next year.

However this means that three other Coventry branches will soon be closing in Coundon, Stoke and Holbrooks due to the reduced use of the locations.

The investment in its Coventry branches will also see the popular new design, showcased at the Cheylesmore branch, being rolled out to more of its prime sites across the city, starting with the branches at Jubilee Crescent and Binley Road.

This will include a full counter service, in accordance with customer trends.

dutchman
Site Admin

Re: Coventry Building Society to close three branches in the city...

Postby dutchman » Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:00 pm

Matt Mannings, head of branch network at Coventry Building Society, said: "We’ve seen the importance of branches throughout the pandemic and this investment secures their place in Coventry. As the city’s local building society we’re committed to providing the very best branch service to our savers and borrowers for years to come."

Talk about Orwellian Doublespeak! :clown:
dutchman
Site Admin

Postby dutchman » Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:53 pm

I can see a lot more branches closing soon.

Tried to pay some money into an old account at The Cov this afternoon. Thought I was doing them a favour, was sorry I bothered.

They treated me like I was a drug dealer or something? :fuming:

"Why are you paying in the money?" "Where did the money come from?" "Do you have a passport or driver's licence?"

(It wasn't that big an amount, I've paid exactly the same sum into Lloyds via the post office with no issues)

I got the distinct impression they didn't want my money which is fine by me, I won't bother again. :roll:
dutchman
Site Admin

Postby rebbonk » Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:17 pm

Cash is being frowned on more and more. Institutions are scared witless of being seen complicit with money laundering. Slowly, but surely, we are being forced into going cashless. - I'll be one of the last to go!
Of course it'll fit; you just need a bigger hammer.
rebbonk

Postby dutchman » Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:21 pm

They've shortened their opening hours again. Last week it was 4.00pm, this week it's 3.00pm. It can't be a shortage of staff either as there were at least four times as many as there were customers this afternoon.
dutchman
Site Admin

Postby Melisandre » Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:49 pm

rebbonk wrote:Cash is being frowned on more and more. Institutions are scared witless of being seen complicit with money laundering. Slowly, but surely, we are being forced into going cashless. - I'll be one of the last to go!

Was nt it Cameron who wanted every country in the EU to reveal if they had off shore accounts and was nt it the City of London who discovered the vatiican bank was being used to launder money .
I have heard that each time they put us on a lock down its to distroy our ecconomy.
Melisandre

Postby dutchman » Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:07 pm

The society says the new branch look has been created following input from branch teams, members and disability groups to make sure each branch is “warm, welcoming and accessible”.

Yeah, right! I was made to feel anything but welcome. :fuming:

I'm told the Nationwide is even worse when it co0mes to cash transactions.

The only 'cash friendly' branches I've read about are the Halifax, Lloyds and TSB.
dutchman
Site Admin

Postby dutchman » Thu May 20, 2021 5:43 pm

The Yorkshire Building Society has imposed restrictions on money transfers and I fully expect the other banks and buidling societies to follow suit since they all copy each other.

Transfers can now only be made to the following organsisations:

• To a solicitor to fund a house deposit.
  • To another bank or building society account.
  • To HMRC to pay a tax bill.
dutchman
Site Admin

Postby dutchman » Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:10 pm

dutchman wrote:I can see a lot more branches closing soon.

As predicted...

Coventry Building Society reveals plan to close Earlsdon branch and relocate city centre one

Coventry Building Society has revealed plans to move to a new home in Coventry city centre and the closure of its branch in Earlsdon.

The building society is relocating its flagship city centre branch in High Street as part of the ongoing transformation of its branch network.

As part of its ongoing branch transformation programme the society has also announced it is set to close its branch at Earlsdon, which it said was “the quietest branch in the area”.

Coventry Building Society’s city centre branch will move to the Precinct in 2022.

The company has revealed its new city centre branch will be located in the former River Island store.

The Earlsdon closure, no date for which has been announced as yet, means the society will have closed four branches in the city, the others being Holbrooks, Coundon and Stoke.

dutchman
Site Admin

Postby dutchman » Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:11 am

Earlsdon residents are hopping mad about their local branch closure. The building society claims they hardly use it any more but that is contradicted by the locals who say there are often queues outside waiting to be served. It also hasn't gone unnoticed that the so-called 'building society' is behaving more and more like a commercial bank.
dutchman
Site Admin

Next

Return to News