Vandal launches wheelie bin at car as residents say area is becoming 'like a warzone'

Local, national, international and oddball news stories

Vandal launches wheelie bin at car as residents say area is becoming 'like a warzone'

Postby dutchman » Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:34 pm

Wheelie bins were thrown around and wing mirrors kicked off in a mindless rampage

Thugs in Wyken caused a wave of destruction in the area this week.

Footage captured on camera Tuesday night (23 November) shows two individuals walking down roads in the residential area and randomly vandalising cars. Clips show what appears to be two men kicking wing mirrors and throwing wheelie bins.

The rampage has left residents angry, with one saying parts of the area are sadly "getting worse" describing it as being "like a warzone".

Footage captured on Wykeley Road shows one of the culprits lifting a wheelie bin and throwing it on a parked vehicle.

On a separate clip you can hear a banging noise every few seconds, before you see someone coming onto the screen and booting a wing mirror of another parked car.

One resident, Mick Short, told CoventryLive: "Why they would do this is beyond me - they were probably off their heads on something.

"This part of Wyken is getting worse with car thefts, sheds getting done over, house burglaries, drug deals on the corners.

"We never see a police patrol and some nights it's like a war zone. Even standing in the back garden, all you can smell is weed some nights.

"There are two massive dents on my roof. Nothing seems to be safe anymore."

Another resident, Dave Hall, said: "My wife’s car got done. About five cars had their mirrors broken on our road. I'm sure you can imagine what I think of those responsible."

Both residents said they didn't tell police as they considered it a "waste of time".

West Midlands Police has been asked for a comment regarding the matter.

dutchman
Site Admin

Re: Vandal launches wheelie bin at car as residents say area is becoming 'like a warzone'

Postby rebbonk » Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:18 pm

Both residents said they didn't tell police as they considered it a "waste of time".

That is part of the problem.

It is never a waste of time. If the police are not aware they think there is no problem, that crime is under control and that they can cut numbers even more. You need to report every last piece of crime. Do it online, it's easy and it keeps the true state of affairs alive.
Of course it'll fit; you just need a bigger hammer.
rebbonk

Return to News