Dancing on Ice announces final 'celebrity' to complete 2021 line-up

Dancing on Ice announces final 'celebrity' to complete 2021 line-up

Postby dutchman » Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:14 pm

"I love ice skating!"

Dancing on Ice has announced the final celebrity to be joining its line-up for 2021. Actor and comedian Rufus Hound will hopefully be bringing some of his trademark humour to the ice rink.

Announcing the news on Martin and Roman's Sunday Best, he joked: "I'm doing it for the money. I don't know if you've heard, but about six months ago this global pandemic hit and made just about everything I've ever done to earn a pound note disappear!

"And so this point has arrived and they said 'we'll pay you' and I said 'do you know something? I love ice skating!'"

On a more serious note, he reflected on the opportunity being an "adventure" and something new to try. "As life goes on you find yourself at a moment where you go 'right I could do this, I could do that, I could have a go'. Actually the adventure of it is doing things that you might start off thinking 'not in a million years' and then fate conspires and you end up doing the most fun things."

Hound will be joining previously-announced celebrities Myleene Klass, Joe-Warren Plant, Denise van Outen, Faye Brookes, Jason Donovan, Sonny Jay, Graham Bell, Colin Jackson, Rebekah Vardy, Lady Leshurr and Billie Faiers.

Holly Willoughby and Phillip Schofield will be returning to host the show, whilst skating legends Jane Torvill and Christopher Dean will form the judging panel alongside John Barrowman and Ashley Banjo.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Reality Shows (inc talent contests)