Legend of Blitzkid

Pictures, maps, memories and stories

Re: Legend of Blitzkid

Postby Blitzkid » Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:01 pm

We tend to see the Knight Templars and white friars as the people with white uniform, but before them the people that built our Monastery's and Cathedals, churches, in Europe wore White lamb-skin Aprons to protect their clothes, the church took on White cassocks for preachers and Choir boys, it all took many years, the white friars were a brotherhood, and hid their craft with symbols and numbers, for they were educated people in masonry, Carpentry etc, believe it or not they left scrolls and writing from before Christianity began, 5 thousand years before BC, the masons were hardly different. (Dutchman are your forum interested?)
Blitzkid

Postby rebbonk » Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:29 pm

Blitzkid, I take it that's where the apron the Masons wear came from?
Of course it'll fit; you just need a bigger hammer.
rebbonk

Postby dutchman » Sat Dec 03, 2022 2:37 pm

Blitzkid wrote:(Dutchman are your forum interested?)

Oh, I'm sure they are! :thumbsup:
dutchman
Site Admin

Postby rebbonk » Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:48 pm

dutchman wrote:
Blitzkid wrote:(Dutchman are your forum interested?)

Oh, I'm sure they are! :thumbsup:

X2 :thumbsup: Seriously, where else can we get this information? Keep it coming, Blitzkid ;)
rebbonk

Postby Blitzkid » Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:45 am

Yes rebbok for sure
From earl street/ High st, to Hertford st, all to the south was The royal Chelsemore park, that's were much park st, little park st came from, and Who owned it, none other than the Prince Regent from Brighton, great friend of lord Craven at Coombe Abbey. the royal park had a race course, and as far as I know, the club house stood about the same place as the toy shop theyre going to reburish.
Blitzkid

Postby Blitzkid » Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:23 am

Rebbonk in 1934 I was 7,years old my Dads sister with her husband visited us, after a few minutes of chatter he turned to me and said what's the book your reading, I answered IVANHOE, he said that's fiction a made up story but the way they lived is real, he turned to my parents, your boy is seven but what days his is birthday? Mother: "7th of July", OMYG he said 7.7.27 he thought for a moment, I would like to take him somewhere if that's o.k with you, get him dressed smart on Saturday morning and meet me at the tram stop, well we met caught the tram to Broadgate walked down to Warwick road, the house was unreal the walls coloured in orange, there were little motifs on the wall and numbers and there was number seven, a triangle and square, A pure and perfect number.The symbol of life, it unites the four elements of the body, with three elements of the soul, he told me the building was a lodge.I saw it again in the little old church in Carmelite Monastery at the foot of Mount Carmel. So from the time after the first Crusade(1119 ) to a Coventry masons lodge of the 20th century ? I do have a picture the Carmelite Monastery, at the foot of Mount Carmel (when my son visits shortly he can put it on here.)
Blitzkid

Postby rebbonk » Sun Dec 04, 2022 2:46 pm

Blitzkid wrote:... lord Craven at Coombe Abbey.

As a child, I seem to remember being told that the Craven family were cursed and that none of them lived to old age. Any truth in that, or thoughts about it, Blitzkid?
rebbonk

Postby rebbonk » Sun Dec 04, 2022 2:49 pm

Blitzkid wrote: I do have a picture the Carmelite Monastery, at the foot of Mount Carmel ( when my son visits shortly he can put it on here.)

Looking forward to that, Blitzkid.

I always enjoy looking at old pictures, you can tell so much from them. Please do share any pictures that you have.

Unfortunately, I have no pictures of my younger years. My mother literally had hundreds, but since she died we've not been able to find them!
rebbonk

Postby Blitzkid » Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:44 am

The templars that fought in the first crusade were dead by the time they came to Coventry but new recruits had swelled there ranks all over Europe, had learnt their skills ofstone masons carpentry, stained glass cutters and everything else But the mighty churches they built they had to have somewhere to store their tools etc shelter from the weather, so they built sentry boxestype of places, high in the sky were they worked and of all things they called them lodges, now we can see were we are heading.
Blitzkid

Postby Blitzkid » Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:02 am

Now when the Germans caved in May 1945 the war office disbanded the SAS, they didn't appear again until 1947, when they reformed, just the space I was enlisted, but they had trained me and others like me.-----
But Churchill had lost the election and some new woman member of Govt said we are paying all these Parachute soldiers danger pay half-crown a week (thirty pence) and they are not needed, she kicked up such a fuss that we had to do a refresher course of six jumps on rock hard ground, but it was a success. Trouble was demob had begun so 90% of these men were about to come home to civvy street so it was a complete waste of time and money. Through the next six months two thirds were back home, from 9 battalions we dropped to just three, and I was back home too.
Blitzkid

PreviousNext

Return to Local History