Legend of Blitzkid

Pictures, maps, memories and stories

Re: Legend of Blitz-kid

Postby rebbonk » Mon May 30, 2022 7:44 pm

Blitzkid, I've never won a penny backing Lester Piggot. :lol:
Of course it'll fit; you just need a bigger hammer.
rebbonk

Postby Blitzkid » Tue May 31, 2022 10:46 am

Rebbonk,
If you look at money in the 1950, I had a double, that £300 hundred pounds was going on to my second Horse, it was three lengths clear going into the last hurdle, and Piggot came from nowhere in the last few strides and won on the even money fav, I could have killed him. Lester fell of a horse when it flashed over the line, Question was the horse carrying the right weight as it crossed the line. or after.
Lester snatched the whip of a fellow jockey as he had lost his, was that an infringement of the rules, he was always in trouble with the stewards, but certainly gave us entertainment with his antics.
Blitzkid

Postby rebbonk » Tue May 31, 2022 10:57 am

:thumbsup:
rebbonk

Postby Blitzkid » Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:46 am

Dutchman, I would like to thank you for putting me in touch with old friend very much appreciated thank you once again Kaga.
Blitzkid

Postby dutchman » Fri Jun 03, 2022 4:32 pm

Blitzkid wrote:Dutchman, I would like to thank you for putting me in touch with old friend very much appreciated thank you once again Kaga.

You're very welcome Kaga :cheers:
dutchman
Site Admin

Postby Blitzkid » Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:30 am

COVENTRY CATHEDRAL and the last CRUSADE
Coventry Cathedral was built in the reign of HENRY V1 of solid blocks of stone. The most beautiful steeple began in 1372 took over twenty years to build, and considered best in all Europe., a tower enriched with saintly figures on the sides an Octagon rising out of it, that lengthened into an elegant spire, the height of the steeple and length the same, three hundred and three feet the width one hundred and four feet, inside light and lofty, consisting of a body and two aisles, divided by four rows of high and airy pillars and arches.

Knowing that many stone buildings in the last centuries in the HOLY LAND had fallen, by tunnelling and then set on fire, the heat cracked the mortar, bringing the stone buildings to the floor. the Cathedral laid a stone floor and placed the roof of wood , lead and tar high above.
But by the twentieth century, Hitler made it is number one target to undermine the peoples morale, and plea for appeasement, decided to do the same, set fire to it, not by tunnelling but by the roof, completely successful, the mortar cracked, and the pillars collapsed, and COVENTRY lost it's beautiful church.

Five years later and Blitz-kid spent two years, roaming the Holy land, even staying for a week in the only remaining stone fortress from those days of Crusaders, built on a rock base, next to the beach, having the scars of that era, it really did take you back in time.
Blitzkid

Postby rebbonk » Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:34 pm

Blitzkid, please keep sharing your memories and knowledge.
rebbonk

Postby Blitzkid » Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:23 am

REBBONK
You asked me if the Templars was anything to do with todays masonic lodges, not at all.
The idea of dirty secrets and mystery are still out there, but nothing to do with the Templars themselves, very entertaining but all fiction or mythology, for all the Templars efforts, they were outwitted and out fought, for two centuries, they were against an enemy (Muslims) who knew the terrain, an enemy well schooled by the weather conditions, more suited to the Muslims. The Knights Templar were founded in Jerusalem in 1119, but in those days they had high Seas, violent storms, and even Volcanoes

Over the next. 200 years, the Templars have provided rich material for fictionists, with novels and films, but none of it is true, the handshakes, symbols of the freemasons is also nothing to do with History of the Knight Templars. In Coventry the guild of freemasons was in St Marys hall. I spent two years in the Holy land, and many months in the Vatican buildings, trying to piece this all together, I even slept in the last crusader fort, built on a rock foundation about two hundred yards from the old Jaffa port that played a large part in those days of the Templars.
And Coventry Cathedral was built in the late 14th century, by stone masons, that was just their trade, and nothing more.
Blitzkid

Postby rebbonk » Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:53 pm

rebbonk

Postby Blitzkid » Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:07 pm

The first building I know of made of stone in Coventry was the hospital at the bottom of Bishop Street and corner of Hale Street in 1135 A.D for the sick and needy in the reign of Henry II by Laurence, prior of Coventry and his convent, at the request of Edmond, archdeacon of Coventry.
It then became a school, taught by the white/grey friars.
(This was because the knights of the first crusade brought the know-how of Egyptian stone-masons to Europe around 1132.)

So Leofric and Godiva never saw a stone building or church. Godiva had long hair down to her ankles so the story goes, in Richard II time ------- "I Luriche for love of thee Doe make Coventre tol-free."
Blitzkid

PreviousNext

Return to Local History