Hey Machine Tools - Lythalls Lane

Pictures, maps, memories and stories

Hey Machine Tools - Lythalls Lane

Postby Melisandre » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:25 pm

I took this yesterday as I am not sure if this building will be knocked down as in the first photo you will see every thing behind it has gone and houses being built in place its on Lythalls Lane.

Melisandre

Re: Hey Machine Tools - Lythalls Lane

Postby rebbonk » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:44 pm

:thumbsup:

These things need preserving by way of pictures. Good catch Melisandre.
Of course it'll fit; you just need a bigger hammer.
rebbonk

Postby Melisandre » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:34 am

Thank you Rebbonk I hope the building is preserved .
It was a good catch Rebbonk I took the pictures from the back side window while traveling in the car . :yellow_grin:
Melisandre

Postby Melisandre » Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:13 pm

Some more views, this time from the side:

Melisandre

Postby rcosnett » Sat May 02, 2020 3:53 pm

Hi,
Feel sad its all being sold, I served my apprenticeship at HEY Machine Tools, owned by a Mr Wright, worked for a manager named Mr Clements, bythe way
I am now 67 years old, after my apprenticeship I worked at Alfred Herberts, also closed, finishig at Jaguar radford works, also closed, then Browns Lane, also closed finising at the Whitley works. It will be all gone soon.

Bob Cosnett
rcosnett

Postby rebbonk » Sat May 02, 2020 8:10 pm

:wave: Welcome to the forum Bob.

Sadly, most of what we knew is either going or gone. I was an aero apprentice, not much left of that industry at all now. Time moves on, changes are made, some for the better, some not. But I think it good to keep our memories alive, those that come after us will at least know what was here. ;)

Hope we see you around and you share more of your memories.
Of course it'll fit; you just need a bigger hammer.
rebbonk

Postby dutchman » Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:13 pm

Homes plan on brownfield Coventry site

Three-bed family homes are planned on a brownfield site in Coventry.

O’Flanagan Homes has put forward a proposal to build 23 three-bed homes on the site of the former site of Hey Machine Tools, on Lythalls Lane, Holbrooks.

Demolition of the existing buildings was granted in April and the applicant has stated new homes is in accordance with the council’s Local Plan.

The 0.72ha site was allocated for 27 homes in 2017.

In planning statements submitted to the council, they said: “The proposal makes efficient use of this land that is a currently flat with predominantly concreted and tarmaced areas.

“The modern construction methods together with its location to shops, schools and public transport would mean that the site would be sustainable.

“It is to be regarded as wholly sustainable via the road network links to all other relevant local facilities by public transport.”

The application proposes to retain and re-use part of the existing access off Lythalls Lane.

Plans were validated by the council at the end of May with a decision expected in August, following a consultation.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Local History