Legend of Blitzkid

Pictures, maps, memories and stories

Re: Legend of Blitzkid

Postby Blitzkid » Fri May 19, 2023 9:57 am

St Benedictine wrote the Rules of Monastery..360 A'D- Over a dozen break-away brotherhood 'orders' came from those rules Benedictines Cistercians- etc, the templars made their famous name from the first three Crusades, at the second Crusade in Paris was Pope Eugene III a former cistercian monk and his friend King Louis who instigated the second Crusade.
Blitzkid

Postby rebbonk » Fri May 19, 2023 10:36 am

Blitzkid wrote:I had ripped a Pariah (wild dog) to pieces.

When I was a kid, the guy who lived at the back of us told me a very similar story. He had been in 'Dad's army' and was guarding something at Baginton airport. He made the challenge, no response, so he opened fire. I believe it was a (now very dead) sheep. I suspect, that being wartime, it was eaten.
Of course it'll fit; you just need a bigger hammer.
rebbonk

Postby Blitzkid » Sat May 20, 2023 10:55 pm

The white Friars of Coventry were definitely Knight Templars, fleeing from persecution (their Treasurer was burnt alive at the stake,)-- now the Bible was the most noted of all books, but despite all that Christianity we can’t get away from the Pagans, every day of the week is from Pagan Gods. Without searching records I have The pagan god Thor was the thunder God, and became Thursday, and all other days are named after these pagan gods. They also believed in Witches, so you had witches called a Coven under a tree and Bingo you get the Viking word --Coven-tree.

On my travels around the Middle east came the tale of ‘Pagan Gods Path’ down Amalfi Mountain’. In 1954 I walked down that tree covered Mountain with a beautiful female Italian guide and the Gods looked friendly on me.
Blitzkid

Postby dutchman » Sat May 20, 2023 10:59 pm

The word "coven" didn't become associated with witches until 1921 when archaeologist Margaret Murray used the term in her book "The Witch-Cult in Western Europe". Before that it meant any gathering or meeting and "try" (or "tre") meant place so Coven-try = Meeting Place.

Murray's book has since been widely discredited by historians.
dutchman
Site Admin

Postby Blitzkid » Sun May 21, 2023 1:22 pm

So was Pennants book and a lot of Victorian books were discredited by later Historians, so I went to the Vatican to find out the truth.
Blitzkid

Postby Blitzkid » Tue May 23, 2023 2:42 am

I may have told you but there were only two places inside the Coventry city boundary that held two Dockyards, and my family had both, from the early Victorian era, all boats had to be licensed in 1856 at B’Ham.

At that time my family bought Planks of wood from Denmark and used Steam boxes to bend the wood.
Blitzkid

LEGEND of Blitzkid

Postby Blitzkid » Fri May 26, 2023 9:32 am

But all monks were from St Benedictine when they turned to Christians. They built Westminster Cathedral on the old ruins of a Saxon church in the 7th century, Canterbury in 597 Lincoln Cathedral was destroyed by fire in 1141, rebuilt it was toppled by earthquake in 1185 rebuilt by Carthusian monks, the monks and friars built so much, but they were all breakaway benedictine Monks. Ely Twin Cathedral in 869 and so forth.
Blitzkid

Postby Blitzkid » Mon May 29, 2023 9:54 am

Not true about 'Coven' it was widely used to me, in Pagan times, it was a pagan word, but I can't prove it. I believe it may have been in roman documents in the Vatican?
Blitzkid

Postby Blitzkid » Thu Jun 08, 2023 2:39 am

Dutchman,

Read any book Of the Crusaders and you will find it is about Castles, forts and walled cities, there were no Monasteries in the Holy land until about the 14th century, and the Coventry Friars were here then.

So wow can you connect them to Carmelites? There were no such word in History, until (Pennant) in the 18th century who was wrong.
Blitzkid

Postby dutchman » Thu Jun 08, 2023 2:44 am

As far as I can tell the original Carmelites were 'hermits' rather than 'monks' who lived in the caves under Mount Carmel. They wore white and brown stripes rather than all-white and strongly resisted being herded into Monasteries later by the Pope.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carmelites
dutchman
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Local History