Things you always buy too much of at Xmas?

Current affairs, gossip and general conversation

Things you always buy too much of at Xmas?

Postby dutchman » Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:30 pm

Mince Pies.

Used to get them for carol singers but since that scare at Tesco's about ten years ago they don't call any more so have to eat them all myself.

If I'd waited till Xmas Eve I could have bought them on 2 for 1 offer at Morrisons. :evil:

:santa_eating:
dutchman
Site Admin

Re: Things you always buy too much of at Xmas?

Postby pollyanna » Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:56 am

Some stores are actually selling them off now for 10p a box!!

The best mince pies I had over the holiday were Waitrose mini ones - delicious !

Judging by peoples trolleys in the supermarkets many folks must have bought too much bread - which never tastes the same once it's frozen.
pollyanna

Postby StevieG » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:29 am

pollyanna wrote:Some stores are actually selling them off now for 10p a box!!

The best mince pies I had over the holiday were Waitrose mini ones - delicious !

Judging by peoples trolleys in the supermarkets many folks must have bought too much bread - which never tastes the same once it's frozen.

Pollyanna, not had the pleasure of Waitrose mince pies but my fetiche is M&S mince pies saturated with Courvosier impregnated Brandy Cream, two of them and I am game for anything :thumbsup:
I understand that Waitrose is for the people that are financially well endowed :lol:
StevieG

Postby pollyanna » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:54 am

StevieG wrote:
pollyanna wrote:Some stores are actually selling them off now for 10p a box!!

Pollyanna, not had the pleasure of Waitrose mince pies but my fetiche is M&S mince pies saturated with Courvosier impregnated Brandy Cream, two of them and I am game for anything :thumbsup:
I understand that Waitrose is for the people that are financially well endowed :lol:

Stevie - we have a Waitrose just 3 or 4 mins in the car from where I live - opened just before Christmas. It's easier to park and I'd rather spend money in there than drive to Tesco's and fight my way round - then end up putting the food in the bin because the quality is sadly not up to scratch. Waitrose is on a par with M&S for quality.
As for financially well endowed - I thought all pensioners were :shock: but I am partial to the 'yellow labels' :D
pollyanna

Postby dutchman » Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:40 pm

pollyanna wrote:Judging by peoples trolleys in the supermarkets many folks must have bought too much bread.
I did too Polly :oops: but only because Morrisons ran out just before Xmas last year. I also bought it a few days earlier than I strictly needed to which meant it wouldn't keep as long as I would have liked. Toasted the last three slices last night.
dutchman
Site Admin

Postby pollyanna » Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:28 pm

Well at least you didn't waste any Dutchy. I actually didn't buy any bread at all - just a pack of rolls - and I used the last one yesterday for a bacon butty - very nice it was too 8-)
pollyanna

Postby dutchman » Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:18 pm

The first 12 carol singers to call today will get a Morrisons deep-filled mince pie and a glass of Morrisons sherry. (I don't give money to callers)
:drunk_santa:
dutchman
Site Admin

You know it's true [Pic]

Postby rebbonk » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:40 am

Of course it'll fit; you just need a bigger hammer.
rebbonk

Postby dutchman » Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:51 pm

:applause: It's a funny picture but I don't see how you can ever have too many nuts? I mean it's not as if they go off or anything. They all get eaten in my house even if it takes me till easter and I'm as sick as a dog after eating them!
:santa_eating:
dutchman
Site Admin

Postby rebbonk » Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:06 pm

I love nuts: sadly, so does my waistline! :tinfoilhat: :tinfoilhat: :tinfoilhat:
Of course it'll fit; you just need a bigger hammer.
rebbonk

Next

Return to General Discussion