Winter Heating Allowance...

Current affairs, gossip and general conversation

Winter Heating Allowance...

Postby dutchman » Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:57 pm

I don't qualify but an elderly friend has failed to receive his despite having been assured in writing by the DWP that the money had been paid into his bank account on the 7th of December and again on the 17th December. He won't freeze to death but has been left without any spending money over the Xmas period.

Does anyone else know of heating allowances which should have been paid already but haven't been?
dutchman
Site Admin

Re: Heating Allowance...

Postby pollyanna » Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:52 pm

Everyone I know has had theirs Dutchy. I think I was the last one to get mine - which was just last week - the letter telling me I was going to get a payment took a month to get here.

Tell your friend to call them and keep pestering them. Here's the helpline no. 08459 15 15 15. Hope he gets it ok.
pollyanna

Postby dutchman » Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:13 pm

pollyanna wrote:Everyone I know has had theirs Dutchy. I think I was the last one to get mine - which was just last week - the letter telling me I was going to get a payment took a month to get here.

Tell your friend to call them and keep pestering them. Here's the helpline no. 08459 15 15 15. Hope he gets it ok.
Thanks Polly. He already has the private number of the head of the DWP. It follows a dispute he had with them earlier in the year which he won but he is now being deliberately victimised. The earlier case is due to be reviewed by an official tribunal and he now intends to raise this new matter with the tribunal as well.
dutchman
Site Admin

Postby pollyanna » Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:18 pm

It's just not good enough - you shouldn't have to chase them for what you're entitled to :evil: It should be paid into your bank automatically with your pension without question.
We also got an extra £10 with our pension the same week - haven't a clue what it was for - but all donations gratefully received :D
pollyanna

Postby StevieG » Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:55 pm

Xmas Bonus £10 Pollyanna
Due to recession, may want it back to help pay for Sikorsky Copters so do not spend it.
I have framed mine :rolling:
StevieG

Postby pollyanna » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:22 pm

I'll probably spend it on salt Stevie - to salt our road that hasn't been gritted by those :clown: down at the council :evil:
pollyanna

Postby StevieG » Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:26 am

There is also COLD WEATHER PAYMENTS to look forward to, if you qualify
There is a run down of Postal Codes that qualify within the Government website. Look under:- COLD WEATHER PAYMENTS.
This is for a payment/s if the weather is under a certain temperature during the winter for so many days, and is worth £25 a throw :thumbsup:
StevieG

Postby pollyanna » Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:47 am

That's right Stevie - think we had an extra £60 payout last year because the temp. had fallen below a certain level - and very nice too. :thumbsup:
pollyanna

Re: Winter Heating Allowance...

Postby dutchman » Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:19 am

Since the government is raising energy prices by 50% in April should they not also be raising the Winter Heating Allowance by the same amount? :roll:
dutchman
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion