Switch to full style
Current affairs, gossip and general conversation
Write comments

Re: Things which always run out over Xmas...

Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:21 am

Goddammit, I forgot to buy toilet rolls! :oops:

Should have enough to last a few days. If not, there's always the Coventry Observer :lol:

Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:50 am

Potatoes! :shock:

No kidding, Morrisons had sweet potato, new potatoes and red potatoes in huge bags but no loose regular white potatoes for cooking. I bought a bag of frozen roast potatoes instead which are nice enough but no use for making stew :fuming:

Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:16 am

As I'm not cooking at all over Christmas - I'm not expecting to run out of anything !!!

The shops are actually going to be open on Boxing Day - and you can bet your life they'll be as busy as ever !!!!

Dutchy - you could always try tinned new potatoes in your stew - not the same I know - but gotta be better than nothing :yellow_grin:

Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:33 am

Another stew lover :thumbsup:

As Pollyanna suggests I often throw in a tin of potatoes (opened first).

Tesco at the Arena was totally bereft of frozen chips when I was forced round on Wednesday. I can't understand the way people are going mad, as you say everywhere is open again on Sunday.

Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:26 pm

pollyanna wrote:As I'm not cooking at all over Christmas - I'm not expecting to run out of anything !!!

Alright for some eh Polly? ;)

pollyanna wrote:Dutchy - you could always try tinned new potatoes in your stew - not the same I know - but gotta be better than nothing :yellow_grin:

No worries Polly/Rebbonk since I didn't buy any other ingredients* once I knew there were no spuds.

*Except for a small onion as they will probably run out of those next :lol:

Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:57 pm

dutchman wrote:
pollyanna wrote:As I'm not cooking at all over Christmas - I'm not expecting to run out of anything !!!

Alright for some eh Polly? ;)

It's a hard life Dutchy - but someone has to do it - :yellow_grin:

pollyanna wrote:Dutchy - you could always try tinned new potatoes in your stew - not the same I know - but gotta be better than nothing :yellow_grin:

No worries Polly/Rebbonk since I didn't buy any other ingredients* once I knew there were no spuds.

*Except for a small onion as they will probably run out of those next :lol:

An onion will come in really handly - :(

Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:59 pm

dutchman wrote:Goddammit, I forgot to buy toilet rolls! :oops:

Did it again this year! :oops:

Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:10 pm

I use to run out of my front door and hide from the 9 grand kids coming and run out of money if they caught me .

Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:30 pm

Patience is often in short supply round here ;)

Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:43 pm

Turkey!

Morrisons never order enough so you have to book it in advance, which sort of defeats the purpose of a "self-service" supermarket doesn't it? :clown:
Write comments