"I spend £10 on my weekly Asda food shop & I’m well-fed"

Current affairs, gossip and general conversation

"I spend £10 on my weekly Asda food shop & I’m well-fed"

Postby dutchman » Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:58 pm

Mia also shared her weekly meal plan to inspire others

TRYING to cut down the cost of your weekly food shop?

A savvy student has shared her exact shopping list when she takes just £10 to the supermarket.

Mia Munro, a student from Leeds, claims you can do a weekly shop fora tenner at ASDA.

She said: “If it’s coming to the end of the month and I’m really starting to count the pennies, I have a go-to £10 shopping list that’ll keep me well-fed for a week.

“It’s definitely not how I’d want to shop all the time, but for the odd month when I’m short on cash, it’s a real lifesaver.”

Mia added that breakfast is “where the least of my money goes” and she opts to eat cereal as her first meal.

She said: “I’ll just buy a box of own brand cornflakes for 75p, and a litre of long life milk for 69p, and that should last me the week.”

For lunches and dinners throughout the week, Mia says she buys a whole chicken.

She went on: “The ASDA Just Essentials budget range whole chicken is just £4.10, and I can usually make this last throughout the week.

“For dinner, I’ll have it with spaghetti (28p), tomato sauce (47p) and carrots (35p), in a sort of Chicken Spag Bol that’s actually really tasty.

“For lunch, I make sandwiches with it, alongside wholemeal bread (45p), and mayo (79p). And I also sometimes serve it with a Jacket Potato (70p) and Mayo as well.”

Mia also buys a four-pack of jacket potatoes for 70p stating “you can’t beat a jacket potato” for a meal.

“I’ll either have them with the chicken, or just keep it simple with a tin of spaghetti hoops (19p),” she added.

To round out her weekly meal plan Mia said she chooses instant noodles as they are “a great easy option” and help her stay “within my £10 budget”.

“They’re 25p a pack, and I really rate the Curry flavour. Not bad for a quick but filling lunch,” she remarked.

Mia finished by telling Latest Deals: “This definitely wouldn’t be my typical week of food, as it’s a bit repetitive and I’m really milking everything I buy.

“But, for weeks where I need to watch every penny I’m spending, I’ve found this list to be really handy.

“My total for these items was just £9.90, which is excellent for the quantity and variety I managed to get.”

Tom Church, Co-founder of money saving community Latest Deals added: “Mia has shown that it’s possible to live off £10 a week, and she’s still managed to get protein, veg, and three meals a day in there."

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion