IT related query

Current affairs, gossip and general conversation

IT related query

Postby rebbonk » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:13 pm

Whilst loving the new layout, I find that I have to log in each time I visit. Is there any way I can automatically log in on each visit without going through the routine? I'm using Firefox as a browser.
Of course it'll fit; you just need a bigger hammer.
rebbonk

Re: IT related query

Postby dutchman » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:16 pm

rebbonk wrote:Whilst loving the new layout, I find that I have to log in each time I visit. Is there any way I can automatically log in on each visit without going through the routine? I'm using Firefox as a browser.
Most strange. I'm not having that problem with Firefox. Have you always had this problem or did it begin recently?
dutchman
Site Admin

Postby rebbonk » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:18 pm

dutchman wrote:
rebbonk wrote:Whilst loving the new layout, I find that I have to log in each time I visit. Is there any way I can automatically log in on each visit without going through the routine? I'm using Firefox as a browser.
Most strange. I'm not having that problem with Firefox. Have you always had this problem or did it begin recently?

It began when you implemented the new front page. It isn't disastrous, just a little annoying. Most other forums I use log me straight in once I have set the "remember me function." - Just puzzled.
rebbonk

Postby dutchman » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:26 pm

rebbonk wrote:It began when you implemented the new front page. It isn't disastrous, just a little annoying. Most other forums I use log me straight in once I have set the "remember me function." - Just puzzled.
Okay, I've now turned the front page off. Please see if that helps?
dutchman
Site Admin

Postby rebbonk » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:35 pm

Thanks, I'll let you know next time I come online. :D

The reason I say that is that I believe there is some sort of delay built in. If I go away for say an hour, then attempt to return I'm usually logged out.
rebbonk

Postby dutchman » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:11 pm

It appears that the front page that most people were seeing is not the one that was intended. It should have been slightly tailored for each user but for some reason everyone was given a version of the page intended only for me. i understand now that you mentioned this earlier Rebbonk but I misinterpreted your message at the time.
dutchman
Site Admin

Postby rebbonk » Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:35 am

Not a problem, I'm straight in this time. ;)
rebbonk

Return to General Discussion