We may be poor but we are not stupid

Current affairs, gossip and general conversation

We may be poor but we are not stupid

Postby Melisandre » Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:00 pm

Melisandre

Re: We may be poor but we are not stupid

Postby rebbonk » Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:57 pm

:shock:
Of course it'll fit; you just need a bigger hammer.
rebbonk

Postby lostinwonder » Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:41 pm

How de we even know that is true? It sounds pretty whacko!
lostinwonder

Postby dutchman » Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:21 pm

It's true, Forbes.com is a reliable news source:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/ajherringt ... 42d2922019

Get A Free Bag Of Marijuana With Your Covid-19 Vaccine

Cannabis activists in Washington, D.C. are planning to offer a free bag of marijuana to those receiving the vaccine for Covid-19, the group DC Marijuana Justice announced this week. The free cannabis giveaway, dubbed Joints for Jabs, is being arranged to coincide with vaccine clinics expected to open in the nation’s capital soon, DCMJ wrote in a press release on Monday.

With Joints for Jabs, the DCMJ activists hope to highlight the need for further cannabis policy reform at the national and local level while bringing awareness to the importance of equitable distribution of the Covid-19 vaccine. Once local health officials begin offering vaccines to the general public, dozens of home cannabis cultivators will celebrate the occasion by handing out free bags of marijuana outside vaccination centers. Locations and times of the Joints for Jabs giveaways will be announced after DCMJ has more information about local vaccination sites.

“We are looking for ways to safely celebrate the end of the pandemic and we know nothing brings people together like cannabis,” said Nikolas Schiller, the group’s co-founder. “DCMJ believes that cannabis should be consumed safely and responsibly, and the pandemic has made this incredibly difficult for many adults to share their homegrown cannabis. When enough adults are inoculated with the coronavirus vaccine, it will be time to celebrate – not just the end of the pandemic, but the beginning of the end of cannabis prohibition in the United States.”

Adam Eidinger, another DCMJ co-founder, said that he hopes that the marijuana giveaways increase traffic to the city’s vaccination centers. He would also like to see Joints for Jabs serve as an educational opportunity for those unconvinced of the medical value of marijuana as well as members of the cannabis community, many of whom are skeptical of today’s medicine.

“If you believe in the science that supports medical cannabis, you should believe the science that supports the efficacy of the vaccine,” Eidinger told DCist.

Local cannabis growers have already pledged three pounds of marijuana for the giveaways, and organizers are hoping to have amassed five pounds of pot by the time the events begin.
dutchman
Site Admin

Postby rebbonk » Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:55 pm

If this vaccine is so good, why are we having to coerce, bully and bribe people into taking it?

I'm no anti-vaxxer but this whole set-up simply doesn't feel right to me. I had a chat with my brother earlier (we're polar opposites) and even he is saying that he'll not be taking any covid vaccine. He also tipped me a nod about some FOI statements he'd seen as regards deaths directly attributable to covid. I expect them to be pulled before much longer as they certainly don't follow the government narrative.
Of course it'll fit; you just need a bigger hammer.
rebbonk

Return to General Discussion