Bin Collections

Current affairs, gossip and general conversation

Bin Collections

Postby Elaine » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:00 am

The Council has updated it's online info with bin collection days for next week. Bins will be collected one day earlier than usual next week. I haven't seen this announced anywhere else yet (but I could have missed it as I don't buy the Telegraph).
Elaine

Re: Bin Collections

Postby dutchman » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:47 pm

Thanks Elaine. Here is the link:

Christmas and New Year opening times
Release date: Dec 14, 2009

Winter scene.

All our offices are closed on 25 and 28 December 2009 and 1 January 2010, but will be open as usual on 24, 29, 30 and 31 December. Any exceptions are listed here.
Refuse collections
Week commencing 14 December
Normal collections.

Week commencing 21 December
All collections move forward one day as follows:

* Tuesday collections will take place on Monday 21 December
* Wednesday collections will take place on Tuesday 22 December
* Thursday collections will take place on Wednesday 23 December
* Friday collections will take place on Thursday 24 December

Week commencing 28 December

No collections.

Week commencing 5 January
Normal collections. ALL households will receive a blue-lidded bin collection this week.

Blue-lidded bin collections
Please refer to your collection calendar which was delivered with your new blue-lidded bin. Note: week commencing 21 December - all collections move forward one day (see refuse collections above).

Week commencing 5 January
All households in the city will receive a blue lidded bin collection on the normal collection day (for some residents this is an extra collection that won’t appear on the calendar).

Garden waste collections
No collections during December or January. Collections resume in February 2010. Please refer to your collection calendar.
Christmas tree recycling

Recycle your real tree at the following places:

* The Memorial Park, Recycling Centre, Park and Ride entrance, (between 6 and 13 January)
* The Waste from Energy Plant, civic amenity site. Alternatively, put it in your garden waste bin when collections resume in February.

Please ensure that all bins are presented by 7.00am. If your bin is not collected on the scheduled day please leave it out the following day. If you have any enquiries regarding refuse or recycling please contact Coventry Direct on 0500 834333.
dutchman
Site Admin

Postby rebbonk » Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:56 am

Many thanks for this.
Of course it'll fit; you just need a bigger hammer.
rebbonk

Postby dutchman » Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:48 pm

I'm not sure there was any bin collection around here this week? Our normal day is Wednesday. There were many full bins on the kerbside late on Thursday afternoon. It is possible they came early on Tuesday but I did not notice. I was not affected as I put mine out last week.

It was total confusion at this time of year even when there was only one type of bin so you can imagine the effect of introducing two more.
dutchman
Site Admin

Postby Elaine » Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:15 pm

We had our bins emptied on the Wednesday before Christmas and obviously none this week, so how can the Council think that the normal blue bin collection next week is an extra collection?
They must think we're all daft.
Elaine

Postby dutchman » Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:37 pm

I never use my blue bin, mainly because they won't accept bagged recyclables but also partly because I simply haven't had time to paint a house number on it yet!
dutchman
Site Admin

Postby yourworstnightmare » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:53 pm

How can a fool like HN, and her cronies implement something in health and safety, then decide to do what they want, and not implement it, her decisions in all the jobs she has been in are downright scandulous.

This council is clueless, or is it not the council, just fools put into any old job, and sod the public.

The worse thing to ever happen to this town is people who are in jobs for themselves, and think people like me wont say anything, but at least people are taking notice now, al be it a bit to late.
yourworstnightmare

Postby pollyanna » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:07 pm

The Coventry bin collection seems very complicated :(

Here we still just put black bags out and they always try to turn up on the same day regardless of bank holidays - worst ways they're only ever a day late.
Blue boxes for paper, glass, & tins are collected once a fortnight - even on bank holidays.
pollyanna

Postby Angler » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:33 pm

Pollyanna - you have to be a rocket scientist to understand the bin collection system in Coventry and it is that complicated that the :censored: Council doesn't understand it :rolling:
Angler

Postby pollyanna » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:47 pm

:rolling:

Thought it was just me :D
pollyanna

Next

Return to General Discussion