Current affairs, gossip and general conversation

Johnny Smith test drives the latest Citroen EV around the streets of Coventry

Postby dutchman » Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:03 am

dutchman
Site Admin

Re: Johnny Smith test drives the latest Citroen EV around Coventry

Postby rebbonk » Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:57 am

What an ugly vehicle :stir:
Of course it'll fit; you just need a bigger hammer.
rebbonk

Postby dutchman » Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:29 am

It's the first time any motoring journalist has said anything good about Coventry! :applause:
dutchman
Site Admin

Postby rebbonk » Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:13 pm

I actually see a use for this but I'd be very worried about its lack of speed. If it could do short bursts of 50mph I reckon I might be persuaded. It's certainly priced right.

But, by God, it's ugly! :lol:
rebbonk

Re: Johnny Smith test drives the latest Citroen EV around the streets of Coventry

Postby rebbonk » Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:46 pm

I thought it worth sharing this...

The Ami city car is Citroën’s welcome return to stranger things

[Embedding removed as the page was hijacking my browser: Dutchman]
rebbonk

Re: Johnny Smith test drives the latest Citroen EV around the streets of Coventry

Postby dutchman » Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:55 pm

One of the first things I noticed was that Johnny was slowing all the traffic behind him and in many places in Coventry there is only single lane working. :roll:
dutchman
Site Admin

Postby dutchman » Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:37 pm

Citroen WILL sell its tiny electric Ami in the UK from £6,000

Citroen's new back-to-basics green electric city car costing around £6,000 is to be sold in the UK following 'unprecedented' demand for it to cross the Channel.

Bosses gave the green light to the quirky two-seater Citroen Ami runaround coming here in spring 2022 after receiving more than 12,000 expressions of interest from potential British customers.

The French carmaker says the dinky car exemplifies the 'spirit' of the legendary cheap and cheerful 2CV.

So proud is the French car firm about exporting its new car to post-Brexit Britain that they have adorned one of the 47-mile-range models in a bright Union Flag - though it won't be sold with this paint-scheme option.