Which Supermarket Is Cheapest For A Basic Shopping List? [Video]

Current affairs, gossip and general conversation

Which Supermarket Is Cheapest For A Basic Shopping List? [Video]

Postby dutchman » Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:04 am

dutchman
Site Admin

Re: Which Supermarket Is Cheapest For A Basic Shopping List? [Video]

Postby dutchman » Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:17 am

No surprises there for me. If anything I've found that the Co-Op - which these days is little more than a glorified off-licence/convenience store - is as much as THREE-TIMES the price for some basic essentials as say Morrisons (which is not particularly cheap itself). :roll:
dutchman
Site Admin

Postby rebbonk » Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:15 pm

That was incredibly interesting, and I'm quite surprised where Tesco ended.
Of course it'll fit; you just need a bigger hammer.
rebbonk

Postby Melisandre » Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:40 pm

Frozen foods are made in the same place too they just use the shops own packaging name if you get a fridge beef caserole with dumplings from Tesco you will get gristle on the meat but not in M&S but the pieces of meat will be smaller. I dont like Asda nor Lidil I find Morrisons more expensive also I dont think much to their frozen choices Sainsburys frozen choices and quality I dont find good either .The food tins I find you get more choice in brands in Tesco Aldi is ok for some foods I wouldn't buy ham there as it contains Dextrose which can cause diabetes or bad for diabetics where Tesco Wiltshire ham doesn't. Tesco veg is all British too.
Melisandre

Postby dutchman » Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:21 pm

REVEALED: The cheapest and most expensive supermarkets

Shoppers could have saved themselves nearly £40 buying a trolley-load of goods at Aldi rather than Waitrose last month, new research by consumer group Which? has claimed.

Aldi beat all of Britain's other major supermarkets to come in first place on pricing for the 74 products in question, followed by fellow German discounter Lidl and rival Asda.

At the other end of the spectrum, Waitrose, Ocado and Sainsbury's came in markedly more expensive, according to the findings.

The price data by Which? covered a range of 74 branded and supermarket own-label products last month, including everything from free-range eggs and semi-skimmed milk to Hovis wholemeal bread and Knorr vegetable stock pots.

Taking into account all the 74 items included in the shop, shoppers at Aldi would have spent £66.45 last month, while those plumping for Lidl would have forked out slightly more, with the total coming in at £67.17

At Asda, Tesco and Morrisons, the shopping bill for the 74 items would have ended up at, on average, £74.12, £82.11 and £84.73 respectively.

Meanwhile, at Sainsbury's, Ocado and high-end Waitrose, the total spend came in at £87.45, £100.16 and £105.25 respectively.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion