Residents taking action after dog poo left on the pavement

Current affairs, gossip and general conversation

Residents taking action after dog poo left on the pavement

Postby dutchman » Sun May 05, 2019 5:19 am

'Pick up your mess' has been written in chalk

One resident is taking action after being so fed up of dog owner's leaving their pet's poo across the pavement.

A post appeared on Love Earlsdon of several piles of the dog poo, but alongside it, written in chalk were the words 'pick up your mess'.

Several piles of dog poo have been left on the floor on the junction of Beechwood Avenue and Shaftesbury Road.

Lisa Banks, a local resident, wrote the message because she is sick of the mess being left to be stood in.

CoventryLive spoke to Lisa, who said it has been an ongoing problem for years, and the dog poo was left where there are signs warning to pick it up.

She said her mum has even allowed the council to spray paint a sign onto her wall.

Lisa said: "I wrote ‘pick up your mess’ with chalk on the pavement next to three piles of dog poo.

"It is an ongoing problem. There are Coventry City Council signs with details of imposing a fine should dog mess be left, yet people still allow their dogs to poo and just leave it there.

"The grass verges on Beechwood are terrible for it but, but it happens in lots of places."

It isn't the first time Lisa has taken action.

She added: "We’ve left dog poo bags out there for people to use. The council signs have been up for years but there’s no way of policing it. My mum lives in the corner of nearby and it’s a favourite spot for the offenders.

"My mum allowed the council to spray the warning sign on her wall but it’s had no effect unfortunately.

"It’s not like you wouldn’t notice your dog had taken a dump, and they do it in the same place each day.

"It has been going on years really, it isn't as bad as it used to be but you will get the odd defiant person who doesn’t think it is their responsibility to pick it up."

dutchman
Site Admin

Re: Residents taking action after dog poo left on the pavement

Postby Jock Strapp » Mon May 06, 2019 11:21 am

Same problem here as well. Lot of places around Allesley Hall and park are regular dumping places for dogs. Sign of the times I'm afraid.I have never owned a dog, largely I suppose because of my past employment. From my observations at the park dog owners appear to think they are above ordinary mortals and certainly above the law.
Jock Strapp

Return to General Discussion