Universal Credit Causes Huge Rise In Foodbank Use

Current affairs, gossip and general conversation

Re: Universal Credit Causes Huge Rise In Foodbank Use

Postby Melisandre » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:16 pm

The answer to that is easy the young slave labour immigrants of course. Yes I know they would do it if they thought they could get away with it defiently.

Any way I learned today Rebbonk if it all goes wrong with Britex etc all the top elete scum ones who have their nose in the trough are planning to escape to New Zealand according to Ian Crane on you tube.
Melisandre

Postby dutchman » Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:35 pm

DWP accused of failing to properly inform pensioners about reform

The Government has been accused of failing to properly inform the public about forthcoming changes to Pension Credit, which could leave thousands of pensioners with younger partners up to £7,000 a year worse off.

From 15 May, mixed-age couples – where one partner is above state pension age and the other is below – will no longer be able to claim the benefit and will have to claim Universal Credit instead, which is worth far less.

But the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) has only directly contacted mixed-age couples already receiving Pension Credit to inform them about the changes and to reassure them they will not be affected by the reform unless their circumstances change.

Labour MP Stephen Timms said he was “very concerned” that the people most affected would be “left in the dark”.

“Although the change is designed to affect new claimants only, I am very concerned that the Government only seem to be publicising it to mixed-age couples already in receipt of pension credit. How are people supposed to plan for these changes if those who will be most affected are left in the dark?

“This is just the latest misstep from a Government who has shown itself intent on keeping the poorest in our society in cycles of destitution and I call on Ministers for an urgent rethink,” he told i.

Mr Timms, who campaigned against the reform when it was first announced in 2012, asked Work and Pensions Secretary Amber Rudd “what steps she is taking to (a) publicise forthcoming changes to pension credit for mixed-age couples and (b) encourage people to make a claim for that benefit before 15 May 2019″.

His question was answered by pensions minister Guy Opperman, who explained that existing Pension Credit claimants had been informed.

“A regional breakdown of the estimated number of mixed age couples who would have been entitled to and claiming Pension Credit and/or Housing Benefit for pensioners is not available,” he said.

dutchman
Site Admin

Postby dutchman » Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:38 pm

An elderly couple's income would drop from around £250 a week Pension Credit to just £115 a week Universal Credit. :roll:
dutchman
Site Admin

Postby Melisandre » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:53 pm

Disgusting.
Melisandre

Previous

Return to General Discussion