Re: Pay the piper...

Postby dutchman » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:02 pm

Lovely colours Melisandre :applause:

It's not Jock is it? :shock:
dutchman
Site Admin

Postby Melisandre » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:26 pm

Thank you so much Dutchman taken while shopping in Bedworth .

:lol: I dont think its Jock.
Melisandre

Postby rebbonk » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:34 pm

Doesn't look very busy. Mind you, I was in Coventry this morning and it wasn't busy either.

I find the bagpipes very haunting. When I worked at Land Rover there was a guy there who used to practice before the start of his shift. It was very eerie walking through the dark workshops hearing things like Amazing Grace on the pipes.
Of course it'll fit; you just need a bigger hammer.
rebbonk

Postby Melisandre » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:22 pm

No it s not very busy on Thursdays mid to late afternoons there Rebbonk.

I have nt heard before the tune this piper was playing but it was nt Amazing Grace sounded like an old Scot folk tune. I am suprised the man where you once worked was allowed to play the bag pipes at work lol I bet you thought the place was haunted at first.
Melisandre

Postby rebbonk » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:38 pm

I doubt that many knew he did it. I think the shift started at 7:30 and I was always in about 6:45. (I didn't start until 8:00)

One of my guys at Gaydon refused to do night-shifts after he was spooked. Test labs where things run automatically can play havoc with your mind in the dark. - Especially if you are on your own.

There's a tale about Magna park being haunted too. I know how that tale started, and can find no reference to any haunting prior to about 1978 when a very clever (but nasty) prank was played on an unsuspecting foreman.
Of course it'll fit; you just need a bigger hammer.
rebbonk

Postby Melisandre » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:47 am

That explains why he got away with playing it at work then Rebbonk or the others liked to hear the pipes :)

Yes I have found men when I use to fortune tell for free or when things moved on their own in my house got more easily spooked than the woman . :lol:

I think Gaydon has moved now as my daughters fiance works there I shall have to ask him he he. Yes I can imagine it plays tricks on the mind us woman are use to it .

Yes perhaps his fright left a pressence at Magna Park as it is all to do with leaving an energy as like with true clairvoyants use. In the USA they have started classes for children to do ESP in the classroom.
Melisandre

Postby Jock Strapp » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:14 pm

Bloody Sasanachs.... And don't ever call it a skirt.
Jock Strapp

Postby Melisandre » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:11 pm

Seems you dont know Bedworth well Jock have you never heard of the Jock estate over there.

I think I should know what a kilt is Jock as my youngest daughter s dad was born and bred in Glasgow and still is there :yellow_grin:
Melisandre

Postby Jock Strapp » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:03 pm

I was once a miner at Newdigate Colliery and got to know Bed'uth quite well, The town that I knew is nothing like what the town is now.
When I have visited Bedworth in recent years it is like a ghost town. The character of what I knew back in the early 50s has gone. :(
Jock Strapp

Next

Return to General Discussion