Outlook

Current affairs, gossip and general conversation

Outlook

Postby Jock Strapp » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:42 am

Does anyone know how to get back the previous version of Outlook email . Mine was changed yesterday along with many others. I have looked at the comments from other Outlook users and no one appears to like it.
Jock Strapp

Re: Outlook

Postby dutchman » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:17 pm

Hi Jock Image

The only suggestion I've seen so far is that if Windows created a restore point immediately before the update was installed you can use System Restore to revert everything to that date. You would also need to disable automatic updates immediately after doing that.
dutchman
Site Admin

Postby rebbonk » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:32 pm

I gave up on outlook a while ago. I now use mozilla thunderbird as my email handler. - It's easy to set up an outlook account in it.
Of course it'll fit; you just need a bigger hammer.
rebbonk

Postby Jock Strapp » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:22 pm

Thanks for replies. If I have to I will look at system restore. I do like Outlook and all friends, relatives, banks etc etc know my Outlook address so very reluctant to change now.
Jock Strapp

Postby dutchman » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:37 pm

rebbonk wrote:I gave up on outlook a while ago. I now use mozilla thunderbird as my email handler. - It's easy to set up an outlook account in it.

Had nothing but trouble with Thunderbird recently, I think due to compatibility issues with Avast? Have sometimes had to reboot to get it working again.
dutchman
Site Admin

Postby rebbonk » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:49 pm

You have to disable the Avast mail check/scan dutchman
rebbonk

Postby rebbonk » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:49 pm

Jock Strapp wrote:Thanks for replies. If I have to I will look at system restore. I do like Outlook and all friends, relatives, banks etc etc know my Outlook address so very reluctant to change now.

You use your existing email address Jock, fireball just acts as the interface
rebbonk

Postby dutchman » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:53 pm

rebbonk wrote:You have to disable the Avast mail check/scan dutchman

Okay, thanks Rebbonk. I'll try that. :thumbsup:
dutchman
Site Admin

Postby Jock Strapp » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:16 pm

Thanks for replies. I did manage to get Outlook back but how I did it I have no idea. Just messing about with settings and hey presto there it was. I did try to set up another account but I got so far and I was asked for my mobile number. Perhaps I am the only person in the known universe that has never owned a mobile so was unable to open another acc'
Wife says that she will by me one for Christmas. The one advertised as making things bigger. Ah well, she can only live in hope.
Jock Strapp

Postby dutchman » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:26 pm

Jock Strapp wrote:I did try to set up another account but I got so far and I was asked for my mobile number. Perhaps I am the only person in the known universe that has never owned a mobile so was unable to open another acc'

Nope, I've had exactly the same problem until very recently!

I have since bought a cheap 'n cheerful smartphone from Argos which came highly recommended in its price category. (Alcatel Pixi 4 (5) which is exclusive to Argos). It came with no instructions though and never having owned a mobile before it took me ages to figure out how it worked or even how to connect to the phone network. :oops:
dutchman
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion