"Nuneaton and Bedworth most miserable place in Warwickshire"

Current affairs, gossip and general conversation

"Nuneaton and Bedworth most miserable place in Warwickshire"

Postby dutchman » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:29 pm

Happiness levels have fallen

Nuneaton and Bedworth has been ranked as the most miserable place to live in Warwickshire.

That is according to statistics which has revealed that the borough is the least happy place to live in the whole county.

According to the Office of National Statistics (ONS), folk across the two towns rated their happiness as 7.3 out of ten in 2016/17, which is down from 7.6 in 2015/16 and below the national average of 7.5 for happiness.

In stark contrast, neighbouring North Warwickshire has been ranked the second in the poll of happiest places to live. Those living in North Warwickshire also gave one of the highest average ratings for life satisfaction, rating it at 8.4 out of 10 in 2016/17, up from 7.9 in 2015/16, and were the people who gave the highest rating for whether life was worthwhile, rating it as 8.7 out of 10, up from 8.1.

Matthew Steel, from the Office for National Statistics, said: “The figures may surprise some, showing a small increase in both reported happiness and life satisfaction during a period that has seen political change and uncertainty.

“It's worth noting that employment rates rose during the period covered by this report, and other ONS analysis showed people perceiving an improvement in their own financial situations and in the overall economy.

"These are factors we believe may account for some people's increased sense of personal well-being."

Craven in North Yorkshire is the place where people gave the highest score to the question, how happy were you yesterday.
Respondents rated their average happiness as 8.3 out of 10 in 2016/17, up from 7.5 in 2015/16, meaning the area overtakes Eilean Siar, which was the happiest place in 2015/16, as the happiest place in the UK.

dutchman
Site Admin

Re: "Nuneaton and Bedworth most miserable place in Warwickshire"

Postby rebbonk » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:18 am

Whilst I've not been to either for a few years, I must say that I always found both Nuneaton and Bedworth to be great places. I also found the inhabitants to be far friendlier than Coventry's.
Of course it'll fit; you just need a bigger hammer.
rebbonk

Return to General Discussion