New party to provide 'voice for the people' across Nuneaton and Bedworth

Current affairs, gossip and general conversation

New party to provide 'voice for the people' across Nuneaton and Bedworth

Postby dutchman » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:34 pm

Determined... Barry Goss has made his debut into the political arena by launching his own party

A DISGRUNTLED Nuneaton resident, 'sick and tired' of the lack of action in Nuneaton and Bedworth, has launched his own political party.

Out of sheer frustration at the state of the two towns, Barry Goss has entered the political arena, launching his own party – the 'Nuneaton and Bedworth People's Party'.

Barry, who was born in Bedworth but then moved to Camp Hill in the '60s, said that the group will provide a 'voice for the people' having been left shocked at the current state of affairs at Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council.

Concerns about the lack of progress on town centre developments as well as car parking, the former senior manager at Rolls Royce decided to go along to council meetings to see what was happening and to better understand the issues.

As a result of this, he said his eyes were opened to the scandal surrounding the loss of wardens at the borough's sheltered complexes, as well as the Borough Plan and the costly council depot move to Gresham Road.

"This fuelled my aspiration to be more involved in supporting the community, by potentially serving as a local councillor," said Barry who, for some years, was involved in community work in the Camp Hill area including setting up the Camp Hill Junior Football Club.

"I have seen the make-up of the various council committees and, in my view, the tendency for many elected councillors to follow party political lines, I decided that I would need to stand as an Independent, if I am to genuinely represent the views of the borough residents.

"I also believe we need more independently thinking councillors to bring about a truly democratic council body, which represents its residents. Hence, the birth of the Nuneaton and Bedworth People's Party, to provide like-minded people a platform to operate from, and a badge to stand behind."

Meetings of the new party are planned to take place in Bedworth on Tuesday (July 4) and in Nuneaton on July 11

Those would like to know more or become involved, should either log on to http://www.nabpp.co.uk or call 07858 184 960.

Will the newly independent Nuneaton and Bedworth be inside or outside the EU? :rolling:
dutchman
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion