Spam

Current affairs, gossip and general conversation

Re: Spam

Postby dutchman » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:28 pm

We should be flattered that they at least consider this board to be worth spamming :D

I've banned that particular spammer three times already so how he manages to re-register is beyond me? There are extra precautions I can take but these would also deter genuine posters who wish to register for the frst time.

I'm unable to login to the Telegraph's board at all at present.
dutchman
Site Admin

Postby yourworstnightmare » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:27 pm

I cannot login in there at all myself as well Dutchman, maybe they dont like me and you :lol:
yourworstnightmare

Postby StevieG » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:06 pm

Logged in CET, no problem but us Scousers can wheedle our way in anywhere :rolling:
StevieG

Postby rebbonk » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:08 pm

yourworstnightmare wrote:I cannot login in there at all myself as well Dutchman, maybe they dont like me and you :lol:

They let me in, but who'd want to go on a board that does that?
Of course it'll fit; you just need a bigger hammer.
rebbonk

Postby yourworstnightmare » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:52 pm

:lol: :lol:

Bleeding scousers can blag anything :lol:
yourworstnightmare

Postby dutchman » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:42 am

I can login using Internet Explorer but the pages are so slow to load it's hardly worth the effort. The fact remains that the board is getting worse all the time and every attempt to patch one problem simply results in an even worse problem. It's only a question of time before it disappears altogether.
'Boiling Frog' syndrome comes to mind.

Interesting that Trinity-Mirror has not yet attempted to upgrade the icLiverpool board from Version 2 to Version 3? If they tried and it failed they would no-doubt have a full-scale soccer riot on their hands.

Not that this board doesn't have its problems. I'm aware that Google is sometimes less than prompt in sending email notifications. I did pay AOL for the use of a 'proper' email server but for some reason that didn't work at all? Have also experimented with a new front-page, that is the page which visitors see when they first visit this site. Am not 100% happy with it yet so have not activated the feature.
dutchman
Site Admin

Postby yourworstnightmare » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:45 am

Dutchman how do you know when you receive a PM of someone, or send someone one :?:
yourworstnightmare

Postby yourworstnightmare » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:54 am

Just read a little bit on that Boiling Frog Syndrome.... and I think I must have that also, Daniel Quinn version of events , nearly made me pass myself with laughter. :rolling: :rolling:

If you put a frog in boiling water it would be dead so it could not possibly jump out, some people are outright bonkers ;) :lol:
yourworstnightmare

Postby dutchman » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:10 am

yourworstnightmare wrote:Dutchman how do you know when you receive a PM of someone, or send someone one :?:
The top right-hand corner of this page should tell you if you if you've received any message although I seldom check myself. I can never tell if one has been sent by me or not as it seems to hang in the outgoing tray forever? It's probably best to notify someone in the forum that you have sent them a PM or received one from them.
dutchman
Site Admin

Postby yourworstnightmare » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:03 pm

Dutchman i cannot see anywhere on the page that tells me about PMS.
Did you get the one I sent you :?:
yourworstnightmare

Next

Return to General Discussion