Pollyannas Turkish Holiday

Current affairs, gossip and general conversation

Re: Pollyannas Turkish Holiday

Postby pollyanna » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:38 pm

[quote="kayhannah"
ive stayed at the 5* lara beach hotel, very modern (2001),but it seemed to be full of old english women looking for young turkish toyboys. not a pretty sight to see.
fethiye, ichmeller and olu denis are a different world, at least the turks there seem to actually like the english, and its much nicer scenery.

tom[/quote]

A lot of older women go on holiday on their own - and it's certainly not to look for young turkish toyboys :shock:
Women who holiday alone do it from choice - they're comfortable with their own company and certainly don't need any men or toyboys to keep them company.
A man would obviously see the situatiion differently :roll:
pollyanna

Postby kayhannah » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:56 pm

pollyanna wrote:[quote="kayhannah"
ive stayed at the 5* lara beach hotel, very modern (2001),but it seemed to be full of old english women looking for young turkish toyboys. not a pretty sight to see.
fethiye, ichmeller and olu denis are a different world, at least the turks there seem to actually like the english, and its much nicer scenery.

tom

A lot of older women go on holiday on their own - and it's certainly not to look for young turkish toyboys :shock:
Women who holiday alone do it from choice - they're comfortable with their own company and certainly don't need any men or toyboys to keep them company.
A man would obviously see the situatiion differently :roll:[/quote]

I do appologise Polly if I have upset you, I can assure you i was not infering anything of the sort regarding you. I was merely remarking on things that I saw.
Its quite a common sight in most resorts now with sex tourists, In fact there were a few programs about it on channel 4. Its not just Turkey, its also common in the Carribbean and The Gambia.
Of course lots of single women , both young and old, go on holiday alone, and purely for the sun and relaxation.
Is one not allowed to make a remark or statement, without someone presuming its a person attack on them.
I don,t know you, so why should I want to insinuate or pass comments on your holiday.
Its always a talking point, on most holidays, when young local men are seen kissing and cuddling old grannies, yet ignoring the young girls. Its quite obvious why they do it.....and its not because the grannies are prettier.
kayhannah

Postby pollyanna » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:09 pm

You haven't upset me at all - and I didn't think for one minute you were referring to me. I certainly didn't think for one minute that you were referring to my holiday. I was just commenting and giving a woman's point of view that's all. The young waiters do like to chat the ladies up - but most of it's harmless banter.

I have seen the programmes about the sex tourists - and I find that hard to understand to be honest - but everyone to their own.
pollyanna

Postby dutchman » Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:00 am

I wondered why the Spon End Fish Bar had suddenly become popular with ladies of a certain age? There are scorch-marks on the pavement from the tyres on their mobility scooters. I just my ex doesn't find out who's running it now or she'll be round there like a shot! :twisted:
dutchman
Site Admin

Postby pollyanna » Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:57 am

:rolling: :funny:
pollyanna

Postby StevieG » Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:32 am

Ye Gods, you OAPs keep weird hours :tinfoilhat: :rolling:
StevieG

Postby pollyanna » Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:00 pm

Would you be referring to my post time Stevie :lol:

Once I'm awake I like to get up - make a pot of tea and switch on - and lets have less of the OAP's :D
pollyanna

Postby StevieG » Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:50 pm

Remember Dick Emery's TV Show some time ago :?: :?:
There was a character-the bother boy with the spiky hair whose stock saying was "Dad, I got it wrong again". If you can remember the original series, I am correct with "OAPs". :stir:
WARNING - Stand by for abuse :rolling:
StevieG

Postby rebbonk » Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:41 pm

StevieG wrote:Remember Dick Emery's TV Show some time ago :?: :?:
There was a character-the bother boy with the spiky hair whose stock saying was "Dad, I got it wrong again". If you can remember the original series, I am correct with "OAPs". :stir:
WARNING - Stand by for abuse :rolling:

You mean this guy?

I remember Dick Emery very well, and I ain't technically an OAP yet!

Incidentally I believe Dick's old Rolls Royce still resides in Coventry. http://www.coventryrolls.co.uk/provenance.htm
Of course it'll fit; you just need a bigger hammer.
rebbonk

Postby pollyanna » Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:42 pm

I loved that programme - wish they'd bring it back - heres a good one I found - sorry I can't remember how to pull it up properly :(

pollyanna

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion