Pollyannas Turkish Holiday

Current affairs, gossip and general conversation

Re: Pollyannas Turkish Holiday

Postby woods » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:15 pm

yourworstnightmare wrote:Oh no i heard this polly is a right ol battlexe, could of sworn I read on another site that she was a wet turkey........ sorry I meant wet in Turkey, this bloody global warming as a lot to answer for :lol:

no need to be sorry, Polly called herself " a very wet turkey " , sounds like you had a good one Polly, we tend to go a bit further along the med coast, about halfway between dalaman and antalya airports, its a place called 'olu deniz', we call it 'hello denis', been there 5/6 times its brill for us
STEVE,
Butts Park Arena's Official Beer Taster
woods

Postby pollyanna » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:00 pm

woods wrote:
yourworstnightmare wrote:Oh no i heard this polly is a right ol battlexe, could of sworn I read on another site that she was a wet turkey........ sorry I meant wet in Turkey, this bloody global warming as a lot to answer for :lol:

I'm not really a battleaxe 'ywn' - just a big pussy cat really - :D

woods wrote:no need to be sorry, Polly called herself " a very wet turkey " , sounds like you had a good one Polly, we tend to go a bit further along the med coast, about halfway between dalaman and antalya airports, its a place called 'olu deniz', we call it 'hello denis', been there 5/6 times its brill for us

Hi Woods and welcome to this forum. I was considering Olu Deniz for next year but I think Dalaman airport is closed in the winter????
pollyanna

Postby woods » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:59 pm

yes it is Polly, last flight out is about the last full weekend of october, i think, it opens for a short christmas season, oh and hi !, thanks for the welcome
STEVE,
Butts Park Arena's Official Beer Taster
woods

Postby pollyanna » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:32 pm

woods wrote:yes it is Polly, last flight out is about the last full weekend of october, i think, it opens for a short christmas season, oh and hi !, thanks for the welcome

Thanks for the info woods :thumbsup:
pollyanna

Postby yourworstnightmare » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:11 pm

Glad you had a nice time...if your looking for a bag handler i could do with a free holiday.........instead of the Nick :lol:
yourworstnightmare

Postby rebbonk » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:16 pm

yourworstnightmare wrote:Glad you had a nice time...if your looking for a bag handler i could do with a free holiday.........instead of the Nick :lol:

BA have refused to pay their baggage handlers overtime, so they've just left a load of customers bags on a plane! I'll link when I re-find the source.
Of course it'll fit; you just need a bigger hammer.
rebbonk

Postby pollyanna » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:25 pm

yourworstnightmare wrote:Glad you had a nice time...if your looking for a bag handler i could do with a free holiday.........instead of the Nick :lol:

Thanks for the offer ywn - but I use airport assist - they more or less do everything for you - sorry :thumbsup:
pollyanna

Postby rebbonk » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:37 pm

rebbonk wrote:

BA have refused to pay their baggage handlers overtime, so they've just left a load of customers bags on a plane! I'll link when I re-find the source.

Link as promised

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1237106/Passengers-luggage-left-plane-BA-refuses-pay-baggage-handlers-overtime.html
Of course it'll fit; you just need a bigger hammer.
rebbonk

Postby pollyanna » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:04 pm

Thanks for that Rebbonk.

That's just terrible - I feel so sorry for the folks who don't have their luggage. I can understand the baggage handlers being upset at not being paid - but it's common decency
surely.
pollyanna

Postby kayhannah » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:47 pm

woods wrote:

no need to be sorry, Polly called herself " a very wet turkey " , sounds like you had a good one Polly, we tend to go a bit further along the med coast, about halfway between dalaman and antalya airports, its a place called 'olu deniz', we call it 'hello denis', been there 5/6 times its brill for us

Dont go south ,you aint missing nothing woods.i have been to turkey loads of times, and to nearly all of the resorts. Its a lovely country, but, anywhere from antalya downwards is the pits.they dont like the english, just their money. they prefer the germans down there.alanya and side are garish and full of germans, antalya is an industrial city with 2 beaches.
ive stayed at the 5* lara beach hotel, very modern (2001),but it seemed to be full of old english women looking for young turkish toyboys. not a pretty sight to see.
fethiye, ichmeller and olu denis are a different world, at least the turks there seem to actually like the english, and its much nicer scenery.

tom
kayhannah

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion