Pollyannas Turkish Holiday

Current affairs, gossip and general conversation

Re: Pollyannas Turkish Holiday

Postby pollyanna » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:52 pm

Hi Dutchy - I had a lovely holiday thanks.

It's dry here - but so cold the car was completely iced up this morning. Soon be the shortest day and the nights will be drawing out and it'll be Spring before we know where we are.
pollyanna

Postby dutchman » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:06 pm

Whitefriars is putting straw down on the housing estates it owns so I assume we are in for the 'big freeze' tonight?

I doubt it'll be anything like the big freeze of 1962/63 though.

Edit: my mistake. They were putting a mulch down on the "flower" borders one of which belongs to me but didn't bother to inform me first. How stupid of me to think they were doing something useful for a change.
dutchman
Site Admin

Postby StevieG » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:10 pm

Pollyanna, Ye Gods hope you have a sled and reindeer in your back garden as the weather forecast for your domain is not promising for Friday. :stir:
Hope you have refuelled the fridge and freezer since your return from the sun-kissed shores of Turkey. If not send the proverbial distress rocket up and will send the ScouseAir Rescue Chopper down to alleviate the problem.
"Her who misses Nothing" (The Wife), was noseying on the L/Top and saw your posts about Turkey and then BINGO!!! the questions started to flow :roll: .Without boring you, she would like to know where you went etc,
and the relevant details as I have got a strange feeling :tinfoilhat: ,being as we have never trod on Turkish soil ,plus the fact she was trawling Amazon for learn Turkish CDs, that is the first holiday lined up for the New Year and that is after the Xmas shopping safari in New York. The 6 plastic cards were melting ater she got stuck into them and it is pretty certain I will have to come out of retirement to clear them :fuming:but we had a great time and those who had family in the States,self included, had a weekend in New York and the pub we honour when we are over there virtually ran out of booze when we got stuck in especially with our Honorary Scousers, who I told you about,and we toasted everybody from HRH at Buck House down to the melee at the Little Big Horn :cheers:
StevieG

Postby StevieG » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:21 pm

Dutchy, who is this Whitefriars that you speak of in such glowing terms ???
StevieG

Postby dutchman » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:40 pm

StevieG wrote:Dutchy, who is this Whitefriars that you speak of in such glowing terms ???
It's the name adopted by the privatised council housing dept. Whereas there was once a single team responsible for grounds maintenance there are now about six separate teams, each responsible for their own tiny patch and totally ignoring the effect they have on every other team's patch.
dutchman
Site Admin

Postby yourworstnightmare » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:03 pm

dutchman wrote:
StevieG wrote:Dutchy, who is this Whitefriars that you speak of in such glowing terms ???
It's the name adopted by the privatised council housing dept. Whereas there was once a single team responsible for grounds maintenance there are now about six separate teams, each responsible for their own tiny patch and totally ignoring the effect they have on every other team's patch.

please refrain fromn starting me off :lol: Superb true post by the way ;) and its not whitefriars who were the start of this it was some of the Hierachy, before they done what they did, they should of stuck to sugar, insted of sweetners ;)
yourworstnightmare

Postby pollyanna » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:17 pm

StevieG wrote:Pollyanna, Ye Gods hope you have a sled and reindeer in your back garden as the weather forecast for your domain is not promising for Friday. :stir:
Hope you have refuelled the fridge and freezer since your return from the sun-kissed shores of Turkey. If not send the proverbial distress rocket up and will send the ScouseAir Rescue Chopper down to alleviate the problem.
"Her who misses Nothing" (The Wife), was noseying on the L/Top and saw your posts about Turkey and then BINGO!!! the questions started to flow :roll: .Without boring you, she would like to know where you went etc,
and the relevant details as I have got a strange feeling :tinfoilhat: ,being as we have never trod on Turkish soil ,plus the fact she was trawling Amazon for learn Turkish CDs, that is the first holiday lined up for the New Year and that is after the Xmas shopping safari in New York. The 6 plastic cards were melting ater she got stuck into them and it is pretty certain I will have to come out of retirement to clear them :fuming:but we had a great time and those who had family in the States,self included, had a weekend in New York and the pub we honour when we are over there virtually ran out of booze when we got stuck in especially with our Honorary Scousers, who I told you about,and we toasted everybody from HRH at Buck House down to the melee at the Little Big Horn :cheers:

Hi Stevie - I was on the Med. coast - just 20 mins from Antalya Airport - a place called Lara. All the hotels there are 5* all inclusives - they're very secure and are very safe - and very reasonable!!
That's the second time I've stayed there but will probably try another part of the country next time.

What did you decide on for your diamond wedding celebration?
pollyanna

Postby yourworstnightmare » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:23 pm

Oh no i heard this polly is a right ol battlexe, could of sworn I read on another site that she was a wet turkey........ sorry I meant wet in Turkey, this bloody global warming as a lot to answer for :lol:
yourworstnightmare

Postby pollyanna » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:25 am

savanah wrote:

What is it with you and Smillie's polly ? :rolling:

A smillie :roll:
pollyanna

Postby StevieG » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:50 am

Decision made Polly re 50th celebration by the "Boss"is 14 day Carribean cruise in April and the itinerary is excellent so when get time will whet your appetite as we are finishing the edges for the end of the month festivities and then start on the schedule for you know whose clothes ensemble for the cruise, at least??? , she is not talking Armani or D&G :tinfoilhat:
StevieG

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion