Can you help.

Current affairs, gossip and general conversation

Re: Can you help.

Postby StevieG » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:45 pm

savanah wrote:You know Ithink that you are right I'll stay in The places where people are Interesting, Fun and Friendly...And up for a laugh.

If Dutchy is happy To have his forum members Warned off coming on here ..He'll have no one left on here...

And By the way I'm not Theres no confusion on my part Dutchy is on here telling everyone that I.C is not working But it's as busy as ever And Dutchy is posting on there everyday So How is it not working?? That was my Question. TO DUTCHY.

Members warned off on this forum :?: :?:
Confusion reigns again and this is not ic with the innuendos from a certain ic staff member
A question, why do you post on here when you say that you will stay in the places where people are fun and friendly and up for a laugh :?:
Two forum suggestions you will be more than happy with:-
Sunday Mercury
Hotel Housekeepers
;) :idea: :idea:
StevieG

Postby dutchman » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:59 pm

As enterrtaining as all this is, can we stick to the subject of login problems at icCoventry please?
dutchman
Site Admin

Postby dutchman » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:39 pm

I asked that messages about disputes on icCoventry be sent via their message board and not this one.

creteskyblue brought up the subject of login problems on icCoventry and your response so far has been to

a) deny any problem exists

b) suggest he ask someone else
dutchman
Site Admin

Postby StevieG » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:56 pm

Hooray, you have found Hotel Housekeepers Forum :thumbsup:
BYE-BYE :D
Round and Round like the circles in the wind ;)
StevieG

Postby dutchman » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:18 pm

For the benefit of anyone here who doesn't know Savanah, she is not my wife! :lol:
dutchman
Site Admin

Postby kayhannah » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:25 pm

Dutchy, This site could and should be excellent, and get a good following eventually,after all, you have put a lot of effort into it. The problem is all the bullying and sniping. It really puts people off. Do you want new members or not?
If you continue to allow certain posters to lick your arse every time you make a comment, you will end up with a rash.Its quite embarrassing reading some of the posts one particular miserable wretch keeps making.. unless of course you like having your own personal groupie.......
Most of the posters on here make excellent contributions, or try to, but then you get the smart arse who,s sole ambition seems to be slagging of certain posters.The same has been happening on the ic site, that is why smithers has put a warning out.
I wont be missed,but I think you will lose other posters you have if it continues the way it is, unless you want it just for the "chosen few". Sure the telegraph site has some problems, but its still a massive site. There is no reason to doubt yours could be just as good, but not the way its going at the moment. You should be complimenting each other, not acting as bitter rivals.
Tom
kayhannah

Postby pollyanna » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:02 pm

Tom - you made some good points there.

Two threads have already been locked because of a certain poster - and this one is probably going the same way.

Unfortunately there's always one who tries to throw a spanner in the works - but there's a simple way to solve that problem - ban them :evil:
pollyanna

Postby kayhannah » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:46 pm

pollyanna wrote:Tom - you made some good points there.

Two threads have already been locked because of a certain poster - and this one is probably going the same way.

Unfortunately there's always one who tries to throw a spanner in the works - but there's a simple way to solve that problem - ban them :evil:

Hi Polly,
many thanks, but i think you have missed my point. Surely one is allowed to debate or argue a point without resorting to locking a thread if it does not suit someones way of thinking?Or banning them as you suggest..The two locked threads you refer to concerned Savannah, but surely that is what the site is all about, chat and banter.I dont know Savannah, but I have read her posts on here, and cannot understand why they were locked.Locking a thread only causes a feeling of resentment.Some points were very valid, and i can see why she posted the things she did.I repeat, that is what a forum is all about, debate, and with debate you sometimes get arguments with it.
What i am refering to is the quite malicious verbal slanderous remarks being made by a certain person. and i,m not talking about Savanah, or indeed you. If it was me on the receiving end of these remarks , i would have taken legal advise before now..
Sure, if you think Savannah is causing trouble,it would be correct to take action, but surely not for arguing or debating a point .But to make it fair, why not ban the instigator as well. You dont need names,I,m sure you all know who i am refering to.
Still, its not my forum, or website, but if it were , i would not be so blinkered as not to stop the rot before it gets any worse.
I do hope dutchy lets me post this before he locks the thread, or bans me.
Tom
kayhannah

Postby kayhannah » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:57 pm

StevieG wrote:This forum needs lightening up a bit Dutchy ???
Confusion reigns inasmuch that an ic poster is posting on here with the usual mundane remarks and has not realised what forum she is posting on :roll:

Are these the remarks of a man who must be near his 70s, or the remarks of a 15yr old schoolboy? GROW UP MAN.
You have obviously had some bad experiences with women or life, get over them..... no need to take it out on others, its not their fault.
kayhannah

Postby pollyanna » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:14 am

Tom - yes of course a forum is open for anyone for debate, banter etc. I realise you weren't referring to me.

Dutchy has worked hard to get this forum up and running - and it was no mean fete I'm sure.

Any arguments/resentment between posters from another forum should not be brought on to this site and comments that were aimed at myself by a certain poster I chose to ignore.
Dutchy shouldn't have to keep justifying himself - some of the posts are becoming repetitive and maybe there's things that need to be nipped in the bud. I don't think for one minute that you would be banned for voicing your opinion - you'd like to see this forum be a success as most other folks would and I'm sure Dutchy will be interested to read your comments.

Dutchy runs the site and only he can take action. I really have nothing else to say on this - but I hope things work out in the long run. :thumbsup:
pollyanna

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion