Can you help.

Current affairs, gossip and general conversation

Re: Can you help.

Postby dutchman » Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:20 am

kayhannah wrote:The two locked threads you refer to concerned Savannah, but surely that is what the site is all about, chat and banter.I dont know Savannah, but I have read her posts on here, and cannot understand why they were locked.
The threads were locked because they were turning into an argument about a dispute on another board over which I have no control (but she does). Savanah continued to post on the same subject even after everyone else agreed not to. You'll notice I allowed her to have the final word on both occasions.
dutchman
Site Admin

Postby kayhannah » Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:42 am

Hi dutchy,
thanks for responding
I can see where you are coming from, but reading from pollys earlier reply," Two threads have already been locked because of a certain poster" and "Dutchy shouldn't have to keep justifying himself - some of the posts are becoming repetitive and maybe there's things that need to be nipped in the bud". would seem that savannah is the scapegoat , yet Stevieg is the hero...
sometimes people cannot see the forest for the trees.
Well,I have had my answer. I wish you luck, have fun. :thumbsup:
Tom
kayhannah

Postby StevieG » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:01 am

Tom
I have read your posts regarding a certain poster from ic and myself and would like to reply as follows:-
This week Smithers at ic removed a post which,quite bluntly, was over the top inasmuch as a certain Comm. Mod accused me of being something which I am most definetely not and it was very close to taking legal action for slander .
I do not profess to be a hero as I was born and raised in one of the toughest parts of Liverpool and learned life and the streets very quickly to survive,which has done me very well, and I can hold my own in the certain business world I have been associated with and have made many honest and trusted friends and allies.
Dutchman has done a first rate job with this forum and like any other newly instituted forums, it takes time to grow and providing he gets members who like the chat,banter and whatever it will grow but as you have posted, there is a certain undercurrent that runs through this forum and it has been perpetrated by an individual on ic who has a chip about certain people on this forum,and seemed to think that this forum was an extension of ic which Dutchman has pointed out is not and I do not think it will ever be!!!!
As concerns the comment about my age, I can assure you that I am not a kid and have done, over the years the full gammut and have, made and retain many friends in Liverpool and who like me speak the truth which is sadly lacking in other parts of the country, as you are no doubt aware.
I hope that clears any misconceptions that you have mentioned in your posts and would say that I hope that this forum goes onwards and upwards as I firmly believe Dutchman and the other members deserve it

Stevieg
StevieG

Postby StevieG » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:05 am

dutchman wrote:As enterrtaining as all this is, can we stick to the subject of login problems at icCoventry please?

Dutchy - point taken ;)
Stevieg
StevieG

Postby StevieG » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:15 am

kayhannah wrote:
StevieG wrote:This forum needs lightening up a bit Dutchy ???
Confusion reigns inasmuch that an ic poster is posting on here with the usual mundane remarks and has not realised what forum she is posting on :roll:

Are these the remarks of a man who must be near his 70s, or the remarks of a 15yr old schoolboy? GROW UP MAN.
You have obviously had some bad experiences with women or life, get over them..... no need to take it out on others, its not their fault.

I ,too my obvious knowledge,have never had any bad experiences with women and in point of fact have been married quite happily and still am for 50 years this year which a unique event these days , don't you agree :?:
StevieG

Previous

Return to General Discussion