Current affairs, gossip and general conversation
Write comments

Re: Petrol prices

Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:46 am

samlauncher wrote:hey guys i wanna get the updates of Petrol prices online plz suggest me the feed or sites..

Here you are

http://www.petrolprices.com/

Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:50 pm

BP garage Butts Road (Monday)

Petrol: 129.9

Diesel: 135.9

That's a really big increase for diesel :roll:

Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:13 am

Butts Road BP garage this afternoon:

Petrol 135.9

Diesel 139.9 :shock:

Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:10 pm

Morrisons Holyhead Road this afternoon:

Petrol: 128.9

Diesel: 134.9

Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:28 pm

BP garage Butts Road:

Petrol 134.9

Diesel 140.9 :shock:

Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:27 pm

Morrison's, Holyhead Road:

Basic unleaded: 129.9

Basic diesel: 135.9

That's a big saving over nearby BP Garage's prices.

Thu May 05, 2011 2:47 pm

As of Tuesday

BP Garage Butts Road:
Petrol: 137.9
Diesel: 141.9

Morrisons (Holyhead Road)
Petrol: 133.9
Diesel: 140.9

The gap has almost closed for diesel which suggests there is very little profit margin left.

Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:13 am

Morrison's (Holyhead Road)

Petrol: 132.9 per litre

Diesel 140.9 per litre

However, there's an extra 15p off per litre for anyone spending £60 or more in the store!

Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:24 pm

New Bid To Stop ‘Crippling’ Fuel Duty Rise

Road hauliers and motoring groups are to hold emergency talks with ministers in a last-ditch attempt to stop another fuel duty rise.

Chancellor George Osborne has indicated he will approve the rise in duty in his budget next month, taking it from 57.95 pence per litre (ppl) to 60.95ppl.

Campaigners from Fair Fuel UK – who are backed by the RAC, the Road Haulage Association and the Freight Transport Association – will tell Chloe Smith, the Treasury minister, a rise would have dire consequences for the economy when it comes into effect in August.

They will hand over jointly-commissioned independent research which claims a cut in duty would be better for the economy.

The general secretary for the Licensed Taxi Drivers Association, Steve McNamara, warned it is hurting everyone.

He said: “The price of fuel is crippling the country. My members are suffering. We have no choice but to put fares up which makes it more expensive for our customers.

“It is a no-win situation for everyone except the Government.”

The cost of diesel in Britain is the highest in Europe at 145ppl in some places, and petrol has broken the peak set during the Arab Spring uprisings last May, at 137.43ppl.

As prices rise by 1p a fortnight, Rob Wilcox, the managing director at Massey Wilcox hauliers, says profit margins are being affected.

He said: “If I run one of my lorries in Europe it costs me £100 a week less than it does here and I’m spending 40-50% of my costs on fuel and it’s changing every week.”

But the Government says there is no money left in the budget for a u-turn and that scrapping it would cost £1.5bn.

Last weekend, Mr Osborne told Sky News exclusively he had already made concessions in his last two fiscal statements meaning the duty was 6p less than it should have been.

But lobbyists fear going ahead with a rise will lead to spiralling costs across the board.

:mercia:

Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:59 pm

Dunno what you are paying for fuel in Cov, but I paid £1.37 for 2 star ULG this morning, and diesel is now around £1.44. That's ordinary Shell. Morrisons are about 2p dearer than that. We're off to the Peak District soon for a week - I shudder to think what it'll be there!

I read a letter from a UKIP guy this morning saying that Osborne can't reduce VAT because of EU rules; well, maybe - but he could reduce fuel duty! We're easily the dearest fuel in Europe now - in Cyprus diesel is £1.05 this week.
Write comments