'Millions' spent on last-minute Christmas Eve shopping

Local, national, international and oddball news stories

'Millions' spent on last-minute Christmas Eve shopping

Postby dutchman » Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:22 pm

Shoppers will have spent £951,000 per minute on Christmas Eve on last-minute shopping, research suggests.

Sainsbury's Credit Cards say 19% of the nation's adults intended to do some of their seasonal shopping on Thursday, spending about £1.37bn.

More than 13m people were expected to do Christmas Eve shopping, spending the equivalent of £57m an hour.

Financial data firm Experian said consumers were making the most of this year's final few shopping days.

Major retailers have reported brisk business on high streets and online as people made last-minute purchases.

:bbc_news:
Blimey, who'd have thought eh? They'll be telling us next that many people had hangovers and indigestion on Boxing Day! :lol:
dutchman
Site Admin

Re: 'Millions' spent on last-minute Christmas Eve shopping

Postby yourworstnightmare » Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:07 am

If I was to ever ask a fellow I seen on the news today, and I think his name was mr d yellow who says he works for experian i can teell him, if he were a director in 2005, then he should resign, if he wasnt then sorry, I wonder what the biggest figure will be, will it be cash or Credit cards, because for the first time in all my life, I havent been able to buy the most precious woman on earth a present, because of lack of funds, due to these muppetts who are Directors of B :censored:
yourworstnightmare

Return to News