Locals' 'horror' at state of Coventry park strewn with 'industrial amounts of rubbish'

Local, national, international and oddball news stories

Locals' 'horror' at state of Coventry park strewn with 'industrial amounts of rubbish'

Postby dutchman » Tue May 07, 2024 2:33 am

Litter has been left strewn across the park after bins were left overflowing

Locals have spoken of their 'horror' at the state of a Coventry park strewn with 'industrial amounts of rubbish'. One resident said that the Stoke Green park play area has been left with so much litter that people will not be able to enjoy it this Bank Holiday Monday.

The local blamed families and park-goers for the mess at the Tick-Tock park which has been left with bags of rubbish as well as litter strewn close to the play area. He contacted CoventryLive and said: "Yesterday I walked past the play area very happy to see it full of families and children enjoying the nice weather and a picnic.

"To my horror when I walked past this morning I was shocked at the site of industrial amounts of rubbish left by those families. What values are they instilling in their children? Imagine anyone wishing to enjoy that park today?"

He went on to add that the state of the park was not in-keeping with the Keep Britain Tidy campaign. The Tick-Tock Park is popular with children of all ages with play equipment for both older and younger park-goers.

The play area was opened back in 2012 after a £56,000 grant was secured from the Big Lottery Fund to help pay to install the play area.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to News