Action after fly-tipping mound spotted at Coventry car park

Local, national, international and oddball news stories

Action after fly-tipping mound spotted at Coventry car park

Postby dutchman » Thu Dec 28, 2023 12:47 am

The fly-tipping mound was spotted at Fargo car park in Hillfields

Coventry City Council is investigating after a pile of rubbish was scattered by fly-tippers across a car park in the city.

An eyewitness said the heap, spotted on Fargo car park, in the Hillfields area, on 20 December would fill two tennis courts.

Items included toilets, sinks, bricks and household waste, Jamie Gray added.

The city council said it was taking steps to find the culprit and was looking through CCTV footage.

It added it would be securing the area "to prevent this happening again".

Speaking about the pile of rubbish, Paynes Lane, Mr Gray said: "I'd say it covered an area the size of two tennis courts.

"I don't visit that area often, but I know it can have flytipping from time to time - but nothing on this scale."

A spokesperson for the local authority said teams were working with the local police.

They added the council would then look to see if it could find a solution in the new year that "protects the site and enables it to work as a car park".

The spokesperson said: "Any fly-tipping in any area is shocking, but this really is another level and it will take time and money to clear."

:bbc_news:
dutchman
Site Admin

Re: Action after fly-tipping mound spotted at Coventry car park

Postby dutchman » Thu Dec 28, 2023 12:50 am

Took me a while to place it: corner of Payne's Lane and Lansdowne Street, opposite side of Sky Blue Way to Fargo Village.

Used to be three-storey weaver's houses, good swap eh?
dutchman
Site Admin

Return to News